Sabth

How can I catch up?

14 posts in this topic

Tell me one way. 

People my age have already work in two or more company. 

Have done masters degree. 

Have worked part time job a lot. (Outside their career). 

And some have even got married and have a child. 

What can I do? 

Stop comparing yourself like that, first of all. You are on a unique path and don’t need to be like everyone else. Wanting to be like everyone else is a distraction. Be your own self and bring unique value to the world.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

49 minutes ago, Sabth said:

Tell me one way. 

People my age have already work in two or more company. 

Have done masters degree. 

Have worked part time job a lot. (Outside their career). 

And some have even got married and have a child. 

What can I do? 

People your age live like monks or be a brahmachari, some without even or rarely masturbating.

People your age have cancer/Aids and many deadly issues we don't even know the name of.

People your age don't have limbs, eyes, and some even a heart.

People your age eat only once per day, not because of fasting, but because they don't have money to buy the rest.

People your age are orphans, without any kind of family, begging in streets.

Whom do you want to compare with? The choice is yours.

59 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Stop comparing yourself like that, first of all. You are on a unique path and don’t need to be like everyone else. Wanting to be like everyone else is a distraction. Be your own self and bring unique value to the world.

I'm not on a unique path. We all had something like starting off together . And those of the same path with me . And where we're going now. There is a certain standards. I can 

withdraw the way I do now but then I would be missing a lot. Like I haven't been doing anything for years. I want growth. And to be better. 

I'm literally not doing anything right now. And it has been years. 

48 minutes ago, An young being said:

People your age live like monks or be a brahmachari, some without even or rarely masturbating.

People your age have cancer/Aids and many deadly issues we don't even know the name of.

People your age don't have limbs, eyes, and some even a heart.

People your age eat only once per day, not because of fasting, but because they don't have money to buy the rest.

People your age are orphans, without any kind of family, begging in streets.

Whom do you want to compare with? The choice is yours.

Idk anyone whom are like that. Do you? Know personally? 

I'm only twenty seven.

Edited by Sabth

19 minutes ago, Sabth said:

There is a certain standards.

Certain standards that are coming from outside of you; that were indoctrinated onto you. You believe that if you reach someone else’s standards then you’ll be happy. 

Don’t you see the problem with this?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa it was OUR standard. Not only mine but just the right thing. As everybody else across generations do. 

Like even if not my generation , my sister completed her master's degree when she's 27. 

What is my standard then? Not doing anything for the rest of my life? 

It's just like something like everybody would finish high school at 17. 

Edited by Sabth

37 minutes ago, Sabth said:

Idk anyone whom are like that. Do you? Know personally? 

I'm only twenty seven.

Why do you need to know someone personally to compare yourself with? You have internet, so learn more about those people and how they live. Watch videos and read articles about them.

I can understand that you are comparing yourself with your close circle, but you should only compare with them if your are ready to work hard and motivate yourself. If you can't do that, you will be creating a lot of suffering within yourself.. by doing those comparisons.

Ask the question whether you have enough money to live the life YOU desire. If yes, then stop comparing with others and take time to find a work of your passion. It can be as simple as cleaning a car. If no, create a plan to work hard from NOW and earn the money you want, but make sure it's a job you are comfortable with.

I'm twenty seven. None of these people are twenty seven. If I was born to be them I would also be instantly like that. 

But I am comparing my life to those who are born like me. Those around me. Maybe we're different. 

I'm talkin about me now . 

Don't bring others. This is about my path. What should I do? To have the highest quality life ever (possible)? . 

31 minutes ago, An young being said:

Why do you need to know someone personally to compare yourself with? You have internet, so learn more about those people and how they live. Watch videos and read articles about them.

I can understand that you are comparing yourself with your close circle, but you should only compare with them if your are ready to work hard and motivate yourself. If you can't do that, you will be creating a lot of suffering within yourself.. by doing those comparisons.

Ask the question whether you have enough money to live the life YOU desire. If yes, then stop comparing with others and take time to find a work of your passion. It can be as simple as cleaning a car. If no, create a plan to work hard from NOW and earn the money you want, but make sure it's a job you are comfortable with.

I don't have enough money to live the life I desire..idk what job I could do. With little money to start with. (Couldn't buy a camera or a laptop or a anything).

I could immediately start working if I have all these. 

I asked my mom if we can go to Egypt just now and she told me to save some money. Knowing that I don't have or make money. It was really frustrating. 

Edited by Sabth

45 minutes ago, Sabth said:

could immediately start working if I have all these. 

You are ready to put effort, but you need some tools to do so. You have fixed in your mind that only if I have these tools, I would be able to work hard.

Let it be. If you are confident about that, there is no wrong in asking your friends or family circle to lend you some money, but promise them and yourself that you will work hard to repay them.

Figure out a plan to get out of the situation your in. Stop dwelling. There’s no reason why you can’t just sit down and ask yourself what you need to be doing to change your situation, regardless of what your working with.

Ask yourself with a clear intent what you want, it doesn’t have to be profound. Just something to get you moving.

Its not about catching up, it’s about creating a life that is worth your time.

If you focus on this a lot of you negative feelings will surely dissipate. Your worried about wasting your life, so focus on creating a life that isn’t a waste! What does that life look like to you?

18 hours ago, An young being said:

You are ready to put effort, but you need some tools to do so. You have fixed in your mind that only if I have these tools, I would be able to work hard.

Let it be. If you are confident about that, there is no wrong in asking your friends or family circle to lend you some money, but promise them and yourself that you will work hard to repay them.

I wouldn't ask anyone for money except my parents. But they didn't have much money. It is a dream to me to make my own money. I haven't ever work in my life ever. 

Huh? 

14 hours ago, Francis777 said:

Figure out a plan to get out of the situation your in. Stop dwelling. There’s no reason why you can’t just sit down and ask yourself what you need to be doing to change your situation,

I think I want to go to a university again. To start again. A degree is good. It will even test and train my intelligence. 

regardless of what your working with.

Ask yourself with a clear intent what you want, it doesn’t have to be profound. Just something to get you moving.

I want to work and I want to start studying again. For real. 

Its not about catching up, it’s about creating a life that is worth your time.

Take it slow. Take it easy. And start again. (But there's no one to sent me back?)

If you focus on this a lot of you negative feelings will surely dissipate. Your worried about wasting your life, so focus on creating a life that isn’t a waste! What does that life look like to you?

Another option is just becoming a film maker which I can do if I have money. I'm eager to create a new project/a video but I don't have a camera now. I can start travelling once I had all my tools. I'm eager to do these. (Because it's something that I'm good at. ) 

But anyway... 

23 minutes ago, Sabth said:

I think I want to go to a university again. To start again. A degree is good. It will even test and train my intelligence. 

Why not go to some jobs which don't require a degree and save some money for your education? You can also take an educational loan and do some part time jobs while you are studying.

Coming to the point of catching up with others, you can marry till you are 35, and sometimes even beyond that if you keep your expectations low. Even can build a fine career even if your start after 30. Also, there is no guarantee others around you will live happily or even live as long as you do, so there is no real catching up going on. If you take care of your health and wellbeing, you can easily live longer than them happily, if catching up is your problem.