tuku747

Learn from Flat Earthers.

7 posts in this topic

I've spent quite a bit of time conversing with people who are genuinely convinced that the Earth is flat. To someone who has never critically examined the shape of the Earth, their arguments can be quite plausible and convincing, especially to those who distrust academic institutions, and especially since in our day-to-day experience the Earth appears to be flat.

However, as someone who grew up with a deep love of Cosmos and the world of astronomy, I am not convinced that thousands of people involved in NASA and the astrophysical studies are trying to purposely fake and cover-up the true shape of the Earth. Rather, I believe scientists are genuinely convinced that we live on a spinning ball of dirt i  the middle of an infinite void that mysteriously spawned out of nothing billions of years ago.

More importantly, these scientists, and flat eather's alike are also convinced that they are human. In my deepest moments of insight, I saw that this was not the entire story. That the story of humanity was just that, a story, a dream, that I had concieved of and convinced myself of by the eternal cycles of mind.

It was also in this insight that I saw the plausibility of the flat earth, because of the direct experience of such in our day-to-day lives (Earth looks flat from the horizon) and the more heady, conceptual nature of the idea of living on a spherical Earth in space. I saw that, in a sense, the Earth ultimately had no shape, for the Earth was just as wibbily-wobbly as my imagination. I saw that I too, had no shape, for what Earth and I truly were is formless

So then, having talked to, and befriended flat earthers (something I would not have been able to do prior to awakening) I began to understand and empathize with their story. Their perception that there's a secret and evil cabal hiding the truth from the public is indeed, delusional, but simultaneously too, I could see how the perception that we live on a floating rock in space, or that  we are even human in the first place is similarly delusional.

This delusion is, in every case, self-deception, that the mind undergoes willingly. We are far from human, and the shape of the world around us, like our bodies, is not set in stone. Everything is subject to the fluid and ever-changing cycles of perception. 

There's no devil. There's no secret conspiracy. There's not even an Earth, or humans to stand upon it's surface, round or flat.

There's only Infinite Mind.

There's only What Is.

So then, learn! If you learn anything from a flat eather, learn the depths of delusion that the mind can undergo, and realize, by reflection, the similar ways you have deluded yourself into this narrative of a life lived as a human ape living on a ball floating in space. You may say, ah, but we can observe our hands, and a round Earth, but you miss the fact that it's all a dream, a delusion, a hallucination.

Remember that none of these perceptions are the complete picture. They are stories. And stories, nor words, nor ideas, or concepts, can describe the true shape of the Infinite Reality, for there are no bounds, there are no limitations, and there are no shapes.

The Infinite Intelligence that we are has played a cosmic joke on us all, and has orchestrated a divine play, in which we are cast in the various roles of being Christian, atheist, muslim, scientist, and flat-earth nutcase, so that together, through genuine and honest communication within and amongst ourselves, we may parallax upon the nature of the truly ineffable nature of nature and create an all-encompassing view in which all perceptions are appreciated as beautiful and unique creations of The Creator.

Therefore, be patient, be kind, be accommodating to a variety of worldviews, understanding that we all percieve formlessness from a unique perspective.

Always, be compassionate with yourself.

? shanti, shanti, shanti

Edited by tuku747

I think what they want to say is reality is flat. But they are ignorant and don't know what that means. Its kind of like the God in the sky thing. They hear something it rings true but they don't understand what they are talking about and get is mixed up. The earth is flat but only because reality is flat.

My mother is a conspiracy theorist and I'm slowly going more towards her She dosent understand or won't express it to me but I beleive she is spiritual but not smart of enough to articulate. That we are in an infinite dream world and there are dream characters that are trying to get other dream characters to limit their abilities through beleifs. Once all dream characters beleive these  to be just then the dream caters to them and you limit reality

Edited by Hojo

5 minutes ago, Hojo said:

The earth is flat but only because reality is flat.

Bingo! This was the insight I gathered as well. If you can concieve of Reality as a singularity, then you can also concieve of it as a flat plane spanning before you, or whatever shape you so desire!

Your message of understanding and accepting how others see the world is a great one to take on.

My only quibble is that to know:

29 minutes ago, tuku747 said:

the fact that it's all a dream

you would have to step outside the dream. Until that happens, calling it all "a dream" has no practical or philosophical value (it isn't Truth) - other than to prime the mind into thinking it may be possible to step outside the dream. Calling reality a hallucination or delusion is disingenuous at best, and delusional itself at worst. This sort of talk may even encourage wreckless behaviour or a kind of mistrust of reality. This is everything, and that is absolute truth.

All stories and explanations are false.

@tuku747 this also works with my window theory. You are just looking at a flat window into a perceived 3rd dimension. Self reflection creates the 3rd dimension. If you go higher to a much deeper self reflection you can live in the 4th dimension. If you can find it and its right in front of you at all times. As with every higher and lower dimension.  If you wanted to you could kill your self identity and live life in 2 d.

Reality is weird as fuck and it weird me out. All this shit was just thrown at me and I wasnt expecting it. But  god answered my wish of immortality and no non existence.

Edited by Hojo

You could learn from flat earthers, you could also learn from nazis, pedophiles, big footers, scientology etc etc

but would you really want to? I‘m not saying no, surely there can be things learned from everybody but do you have the time and energy?

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

You could learn from flat earthers, you could also learn from nazis, pedophiles, big footers, scientology etc etc

but would you really want to? I‘m not saying no, surely there can be things learned from everybody but do you have the time and energy?

You should probably be learning from every experience and interaction in your life, even if that lesson is through the inversion of whatever is being presented. Learn the ways of love, understanding, patience, compassion, communication, faith. If done properly, this will energize you rather than drain you. Either way, you are free to choose how you learn your lessons as you see fit.

Edited by tuku747