Jenkins

How to mitigate weed cravings efficiently?

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

So I'm giving a real try quitting smoking weed, and also regular cigarettes.

I might have an addictive behavior.

As time passes, my mind wanders to other ventures of where it could get it's cheap dopamine hit (other drugs, junk food, coca cola, sex, playing video games).

My question is: should I give in to some of these cravings, strategically, and without forming a new addiction?

I was thinking that I could spend 10% of the money I save by not using, by doing something I'm enjoying or eating something good or whatever.

I've also tried Leo's recommended approach, however I feel that I'm not developed enough for that approach, and at least in the first while distractions are good for me. Being aware only rushes too many demons too fast out of my system, and I literally start using again by being too afraid to face everything head on.

Also I will try to include as much exercise as possible into my plan, and also be as compassionate as possible. 

Any tips are helpful ??

On 14/09/2023 at 9:42 PM, Jenkins said:

Hello,

So I'm giving a real try quitting smoking weed, and also regular cigarettes.

I might have an addictive behavior.

As time passes, my mind wanders to other ventures of where it could get it's cheap dopamine hit (other drugs, junk food, coca cola, sex, playing video games).

My question is: should I give in to some of these cravings, strategically, and without forming a new addiction?

I was thinking that I could spend 10% of the money I save by not using, by doing something I'm enjoying or eating something good or whatever.

I've also tried Leo's recommended approach, however I feel that I'm not developed enough for that approach, and at least in the first while distractions are good for me. Being aware only rushes too many demons too fast out of my system, and I literally start using again by being too afraid to face everything head on.

Also I will try to include as much exercise as possible into my plan, and also be as compassionate as possible. 

Any tips are helpful ??

you could try using cbd to ween yourself off a bit, the relaxation will still be there just not the high

Cigarettes are more challenging.  But with weed, stay busy. Exercise,  draw, clean, work etc. Imo the hardest part is not being able to sleep. So read a book, binge watch actualized etc. Don't give yourself time to do it and stay focused on action. Despite not having what you want. 

Use the cigarettes to stop the weed. That’s what I did. Then tackle the cigarettes. I stopped and started for years with cigarettes and mostly allowed myself to smoke them on holidays. I have, or had, that addictive void I needed to fill. Even coffee would turn into an addiction. Can’t even drink that. Then I started drinking Oolong tea, and was able to stop smoking. For me, it filled the void nicely. Full of caffeine, but not edgy shit like a good coffee, more a zen, I can meditate on this type buzz.. 

best of luck.