Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Stage Orange is Stupid

6 posts in this topic

Coming from my past experience as a dedicated gym-goer and kickboxer during my teenage years, I like to see how Stage Orange shows up in sports.

A good example is bodybuilding. Some people get caught up in pushing their bodies to extremes just to become an IFBB Pro, as if it's a significant achievement.

An IFBB Pro is a professional bodybuilder who's earned this title by winning a competition sanctioned by the International Federation of Bodybuilding & Fitness (IFBB).

Some individuals spend a crazy amount of money on drugs, food, and more, all to chase this man-made title. It's pretty crazy.

What makes it interesting is that very few people actually make a living from bodybuilding, unlike other sports. Yet, they place so much value on these man-made constructs.

From a broader perspective, all of this may appear nonsensical. I don't intend to sound superior to others, as an alien or someone at a stage of thinking beyond conventional norms like Stage Yellow might consider me foolish.

Many individuals are unwittingly pursuing endeavors that don't truly bring about genuine happiness or enduring fulfillment.

Even achieving the title of a world champion in sports may not resolve all your life's challenges. In reality, it might not hold as much significance as it seems.

I've observed numerous individuals who've reached the pinnacle of their sport, such as MMA, and it's often not enough for them. They tend to continue chasing endeavors that may seem trivial until they lose their championship, their status, and even their health.

However, it's challenging to blame them because competing in these sports can indeed be incredibly rewarding.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD

9 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Coming from my past experience as a dedicated gym-goer and kickboxer during my teenage years, I like to see how Stage Orange shows up in sports.

A good example is bodybuilding. Some people get caught up in pushing their bodies to extremes just to become an IFBB Pro, as if it's a significant achievement.

An IFBB Pro is a professional bodybuilder who's earned this title by winning a competition sanctioned by the International Federation of Bodybuilding & Fitness (IFBB).

Some individuals spend a crazy amount of money on drugs, food, and more, all to chase this man-made title. It's pretty crazy.

What makes it interesting is that very few people actually make a living from bodybuilding, unlike other sports. Yet, they place so much value on these man-made constructs.

From a broader perspective, all of this may appear nonsensical. I don't intend to sound superior to others, as an alien or someone at a stage of thinking beyond conventional norms like Stage Yellow might consider me foolish.

Many individuals are unwittingly pursuing endeavors that don't truly bring about genuine happiness or enduring fulfillment.

Even achieving the title of a world champion in sports may not resolve all your life's challenges. In reality, it might not hold as much significance as it seems.

I've observed numerous individuals who've reached the pinnacle of their sport, such as MMA, and it's often not enough for them. They tend to continue chasing endeavors that may seem trivial until they lose their championship, their status, and even their health.

However, it's challenging to blame them because competing in these sports can indeed be incredibly rewarding.

Nice thread, although I think there's more than just 'stage orange is stupid', based on many developmental factors like other stages of development in Spiral dynamics, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development/Carl Jung's shadow aspects, life experiences and other lines of development in life and society, ideological beliefs indoctrinated into us by upbringing and culture, self biases and preferences.

My argument here is that there's more than just stage orange values here, in the context of body building, as there's other body builders and there's a gym culture and a body building culture at large in the modern western world, I think that while stage orange does represent a more transactional views and relationships, capitalism, business, marketing, commerce, materialism, scientism, rationalism, atheism, secularism, modernism, left brain bias, stage blue value systems and sometimes stage green value systems. Even though Don Beck presented it in colouring code, there's definite overlaps between the value systems which is called 'transformational dilemma', think of this as a psychological osmosis/reverse osmosis at work, and who we are and what our biases are changes over time as we evolve further psychologically speaking.

Also, disagree on your anthropomorphism of Stage orange a stupid, as that word is negative and used to describe typically people, some objects too but mostly people to infer inferior intelligence or greater ignorance, but Stage orange isn't ignorant, just individualistic and very logical in values. 

@Danioover9000

7 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Also, disagree on your anthropomorphism of Stage orange a stupid, as that word is negative and used to describe typically people, some objects too but mostly people to infer inferior intelligence or greater ignorance, but Stage orange isn't ignorant, just individualistic and very logical in values. 

Being less intelligent isn't necessarily a bad thing if you look at it differently.

Imagine the smartest, most aware person on Earth. When compared to an incredibly advanced alien, he might seem much less intelligent.

Think of 'Stage Orange' as doing things that seem foolish, like chasing materialistic goals that often lead to big disappointments.

Bodybuilding is centered around competition and winning, just like 'Stage Orange' values excessively winning too.

Becoming a professional athlete and reaching 'Stage Yellow' or higher consciousness levels might be difficult or even impossible. To care deeply about achieving these superficial goals, you may need to be at a lower consciousness stage.

yeah I think being stuck in stage orange kind of fucked alot of things up in my life. As an artist I think my business thrives more when I have a holistic worldview. I can see how just wanting to capitalize off of comission drove me into a really dark place. I get less work I started getting less people hitting me up for art because of my attitude and the way I project and then the art suffered greatly because I was doing it all for money.

On 9/12/2023 at 8:25 PM, SQAAD said:

@Danioover9000

Being less intelligent isn't necessarily a bad thing if you look at it differently.

Imagine the smartest, most aware person on Earth. When compared to an incredibly advanced alien, he might seem much less intelligent.

Think of 'Stage Orange' as doing things that seem foolish, like chasing materialistic goals that often lead to big disappointments.

Bodybuilding is centered around competition and winning, just like 'Stage Orange' values excessively winning too.

Becoming a professional athlete and reaching 'Stage Yellow' or higher consciousness levels might be difficult or even impossible. To care deeply about achieving these superficial goals, you may need to be at a lower consciousness stage.

Now your getting it!! This is what I am pushing on the forums although I won't say it's impossible it will just be harder. The more arrogant and judgmental of an ego you construct the harder it will be to deconstruct it. Why? Because to grow in self-love it has to make sense for you to do so. As you seek inward and get closer to truth you will receive intuitive messages of loving someone who did you wrong, of learning to accept all that you hate as good.

To a person who is conditioned heavily in kill or be killed and that value comes from achievement instead of inherent existence this will be an ordeal. My own individual ego was built on a desire for truth and love and my Gateway video was Leo's video on everyone acts from good intentions. That one video most people COULD NOT make it all the way through much less be able to accept it and integrate it. But unless you do....you are not going to reach baseline acceptance.

Why? Because identity is METAPHYSICAL, Leo mentioned this once and I confirmed it. What does this mean? To be able to become Enlightened you need to be able to open your mind and imagine a possibility that everything you perceive is YOU. Do you know how much self-hatred you would have to purge to identity with individuals whose life choices completely conflict with your own? If you are big on personal responsibility and accountability people who make excuses, lie, cheat, and take shortcuts in life are going to piss you off lol. 

If you are a very giving person, how could you accept that everything you consider evil...is actually being done by YOU? So yeah people who enter that hyper-competitive Body-Building may struggle to deconstruct their mind to accept people as them who are not as driven. I won't go too deep into why it is so hard, just know your greatest fear is to BE LIKE THE PEOPLE YOU HATE that is why you fear understanding much, less entertaining their perspective at all. This fear is valid from a survival stand point....but it is a denial of a crazy truth.

That truth is every person you meet is YOU living another life. Which means....if I gave you their body, their brain, their memories and all the events from past to present, you would be them ABSOLUTELY. So you are literally judging and fighting with yourself LOL. This realization...is the funniest shit ever!!! 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@SQAAD

On 2023-09-13 at 1:25 AM, SQAAD said:

@Danioover9000

Can you agree that you just anthropomorphized Stage orange as being 'stupid', which is a human characteristic? That's the specific issue here.