Pursue

Is My Trick Against Negative Thoughts Good?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

I have found something to reduce my anxiety and my negative thoughts and I wanted to share it with you guys.

It works on the short term but I see how this method of thinking might not be a good thing so i want to know your thoughts on that.

I have a lot of negative thoughts coming through my head and it creates a lot of anxiety to me. Per example, what if I get fired on Friday? What if this girl doesn't like me after all? What if my family thinks I am a loser and are just supporting me because they have to? What if I will never be able to reduce my bad habits and I end up being that loser? What if I have to declare bankruptcy. Etc

Even thought those thoughts are not realistic there is a part of me that fights those thoughts contently. I have some tricks to let them go, and it works, it reduce them.

But I found something else lately, but i am not sure it is the correct thing. I came to accept the worst scenario. So i would say to myself. Yes, I am getting fired on Friday, I have to accept it. Yes my family thinks I am a loser, I accept it. Yes, I will have to declare bankruptcy, I accept it. 

It seems like my anxiety comes from a  place of confusion, from a place where I do not know what is coming to me. So to accept the worst scenario is to finally decide what is going on so my brain doesn't have to rationalize which scenario makes more sense than the other.

So on the short term it works, my brain doesn't battle the anxiety as much and its a relief. But, what if i create a whole reality in which everything that is true is the worst scenario? Where I accept everything as being the worst and than i just attract the negative stuff?

What are your thoughts on that guys?

Thanks

Edited by Pursue

11 minutes ago, Pursue said:

I came to accept the worst scenario. So i would say to myself. Yes, I am getting fired on Friday, I have to accept it. Yes my family thinks I am a loser, I accept it. Yes, I will have to declare bankruptcy, I accept it. 

There is difference between accepting a thought and 'witnessing it without judging'. 

Remember, don’t imagine any negative thing, because if people who have an imaginative capacity imagine negative things, they start happening. If you think that you are going to get ill, you will get ill. If you think that somebody is going to be rude to you, he will be. Your very imagination will create the situation. 

So if a negative idea comes, immediately change it to a positive thought. Say no to it. Drop it immediately; throw it away.

So I get it. First things first. You have a negative emotion,but then you found a way to reduce the previous bad feeling with another negative. 

I dont think that anyone who expects the bad,make themselves feel good. Noone can feel good having in mind that the worse are gonna come. Let me explain a little bit,because I want to be clear. So because of your fear having negative thoughts,you are trying to reduce the anxiety by accepting but then expect the bad things to come. It maybe is a better place in your mind to soothe you for a little bit from FEAR,but I cant make you feel much much better. And yea,dont expect the worse to come,because anticipating that,it is gonna come someday. Because you are the creator of your own reality. Instead of being afraid of the negative,dont try to exclude it,but instead INCLUDE the positive. ? 

1 hour ago, egoeimai said:

So I get it. First things first. You have a negative emotion,but then you found a way to reduce the previous bad feeling with another negative. 

I dont think that anyone who expects the bad,make themselves feel good. Noone can feel good having in mind that the worse are gonna come. Let me explain a little bit,because I want to be clear. So because of your fear having negative thoughts,you are trying to reduce the anxiety by accepting but then expect the bad things to come. It maybe is a better place in your mind to soothe you for a little bit from FEAR,but I cant make you feel much much better. And yea,dont expect the worse to come,because anticipating that,it is gonna come someday. Because you are the creator of your own reality. Instead of being afraid of the negative,dont try to exclude it,but instead INCLUDE the positive. ? 

Thanks for that, that was my expectations too. 

I feel like changing to the positive takes so much effort that it is to remain in the negative. 

Maybe it is just my ego that doesn't like change. I am working on self esteem a lot and i have seen most of thoughts doing the shift from negative to positive but the change is slow.

I think I will remaint patient. 

Thanks for the help