Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
effortlesslumen

Speaking the truth

17 posts in this topic

The presentation of the self image and the day to day interaction is so two faced it hurts me. I want to speak more according to my truth (im not saying "the Truth" because im certainly not capable in doing this as a constant). I try not to lie so im often stuck in half truths, which still feels like a lie. Being truthful seems to cause more problems and is constricted by a survival mechanism to reduce day to day conflict and judgement. And  self preservasion from people that arent aware of themselves or simply not care about it or a straight out malevolent. Workings of the Ego yada yada yada...  Of course i dont want to take this to an extrem where i talk to people about the consistency of my shit. But in regard in paradigms, for example nutrition, bias, holistic thinking, politics........... I no it depends on what position you are in  and situation but it sometimes feels like im witholding information and being a devil even though would not take it seriously or ignore it.  I have this moments when it hurts and i feel disgusting. How can i move in a more healthy postition where this does not become a reason for self loathing, distress and feeling split? 

Being in truth with my current web of belief, paradigm, perception, biases, thoughts, actions, is not the absolute truth but its certainly better than to be lying as a lie. 

Am I stuck in morality? Is it just a sad truth? Do i have no backbone or integrity? Fear? Shallow Person? 

Sometimes i want to be so truthful i would certainly end up being  dead as a result. And now it feels like im lying. 

Edited by effortlesslumen

@effortlesslumen Probably your throat chakra lacks some energy. Practice some sadhana such as physical yoga and with time it will transform you.

Have you ever noticed others talking Truth and standing behind it? How do you view such people? What kind of respect do you feel for them? Contemplate this.

I can tell you from my experience I was a liar all my life, never managed to tell Truth especially if it hurt people. But now I'm doing a lot of inner work with yoga+meditation and it's just easy to speak Truth. You see falsehood very clearly and you WANT reality to flow in a Truthful way.

Notice how do you feel after you don't tell the Truth, with enough awareness you can sort of "feel" your consciousness sort of "shrinking". And notice how you feel after you tell the Truth. Of course you will feel some emotions, maybe some adrenaline but I mean NOTICE HOW YOU FEEL AFTER EVERYTHING HAS PASSED after the emotions, do you feel more conscious? More strong? Just do an experiment and notice yourself.

Edited by inFlow

Mahadev

Being authentic to me doesn’t mean you say everything on your mind. Or that everything you share is straightforward and reflects your views directly. It can also mean choosing not to share certain things because you don’t resonate with the people you interact with, or perhaps some aspect of you two relate to each other but not the other parts. 

Id say take each interaction as it comes, moment by moment. Not really having any general principle you feel you need to follow. Be there present in the moment directly sensing within yourself and taking in from the other person.
Each interaction is unique and what being authentic and truthful will entail in that interaction might be completely different from another one. Communication is nuanced , has many layers to it and there’s so much depth to be discovered.

it can be very mystical and fascinating no need to be sad about it a lot of potential  here! One time you feel out of integrity , so what? that’s gone, move on to the next 

Edited by Sugarcoat

2 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Being authentic to me doesn’t mean you say everything on your mind. Or that everything you share is straightforward and reflects your views directly. It can also mean choosing not to share certain things because you don’t resonate with the people you interact with, or perhaps some aspect of you two relate to each other but not the other parts. 

+ Totally agree with Supercoat.

You need to learn where to speak Truth and where to just stay silent.

Mahadev

17 minutes ago, inFlow said:

Notice how do you feel after you don't tell the Truth, with enough awareness you can sort of "feel" your consciousness sort of "shrinking". And notice how you feel after you tell the Truth. Of course you will feel some emotions, maybe some adrenaline but I mean NOTICE HOW YOU FEEL AFTER EVERYTHING HAS PASSED after the emotions, do you feel more conscious? More strong? Just do an experiment and notice yourself.

There was an occassion where i spoke truth and some hours afterwards i felt deeply grounded and all my fears and believes and soaked up impressions of others went silent for a short time.

@inFlow But it feels like life wants me to be so truthful  I let go of everything and it is so hard i burst out in tears even thinking about it. 

35 minutes ago, inFlow said:

Probably your throat chakra lacks some energy. Practice some sadhana such as physical yoga and with time it will transform you.

Have you ever noticed others talking Truth and standing behind it? How do you view such people? What kind of respect do you feel for them? Contemplate this.

I will try to aplly this in time. Thank you!

38 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Id say take each interaction as it comes, moment by moment. Not really having any general principle you feel you need to follow. Be there present in the moment directly sensing within yourself and taking in from the other person.
Each interaction is unique and what being authentic and truthful will entail in that interaction might be completely different from another one. Communication is nuanced , has many layers to it and there’s so much depth to be discovered.

it can be very mystical and fascinating no need to be sad about it a lot of potential  here! One time you feel out of integrity , so what? that’s gone, move on to the next 

Good advice. Do you think developing better communication skills would help? @Sugarcoat

@effortlesslumen See it's very hard to give some specific advice in order to help you in this situation. Maybe you need some deep inner work, maybe you have some  Nadi blocks in your system. I can only speak from my experience that when I'm growing my consciousness through meditation/yoga asana everything seems to auto-correct itself. I just need to do the work, do my sadhana and everything just goes into place like it should be, no other effort is needed. Well of course some effort is still needed, but the will-power to speak Truth is much bigger! Even my fear of talking to girls has vanished, and I didn't do anything, I didn't go up to them and talk to them I just did my work and the fear was just gone.

2 minutes ago, effortlesslumen said:

Do you think developing better communication skills would help?

You need to grow your consciousness and you will have better communication on your own. You will know what to say and what not to say. Just do your practice. It's not just to know what kind of words to use, but you need to feel deeply how others are feeling, you need to have great emotional-IQ, it's quite complicated.

Mahadev

21 minutes ago, inFlow said:

@effortlesslumen See it's very hard to give some specific advice in order to help you in this situation. Maybe you need some deep inner work, maybe you have some  Nadi blocks in your system. I can only speak from my experience that when I'm growing my consciousness through meditation/yoga asana everything seems to auto-correct itself. I just need to do the work, do my sadhana and everything just goes into place like it should be, no other effort is needed. Well of course some effort is still needed, but the will-power to speak Truth is much bigger! Even my fear of talking to girls has vanished, and I didn't do anything, I didn't go up to them and talk to them I just did my work and the fear was just gone.

You need to grow your consciousness and you will have better communication on your own. You will know what to say and what not to say. Just do your practice. It's not just to know what kind of words to use, but you need to feel deeply how others are feeling, you need to have great emotional-IQ, it's quite complicated.

Sounds great i really should get started with serious work.  Whats your sadhana?@inFlow  

@effortlesslumen I'm doing "Mai Ram Yoga" asana practice daily 6 days/week and Kriya Yoga daily morning/evening 45minutes. Mai Ram Yoga is exclusive to my Guru and it's in my Town and I'm going to the ashram to do asanas with my teachers and sometimes my Guru.

My #1 tip would be start doing some legit yoga asana practice, it works wonders if done correctly. And don't do the shit you find on the internet. Find yourself a legit Guru who can teach you techniques because yoga is not just about postures, but it incorporates breathing exercises which is what works with your inner prana and clears out nadi blocks.

Mahadev

pragmatism is the art of knowing what to say to get what you want

all play the same game, wittingly or unwittingly

most will deny this namely they are playing the game unwittingly

life is being one's own PR advocate

you need to look good in order to get more eyeballs on your goods

and then you can then ply your pragmatism to all and sundry

play the game like everyone else

yet also try to purchase a little space where truth has some relevance

Edited by gettoefl

5 hours ago, effortlesslumen said:

Good advice. Do you think developing better communication skills would help? @Sugarcoat

yea exactly. Then its about what that entails and how to. For me in my process its about being more authentic, being present with each interaction moment by moment, not following some principle rather dropping that and going into things with unknowing and seeing what comes naturally. So it can be like you pay attention to yourself when youre communicating, how did it feel when i said that, did it feel like a release of tension, did it feel forced, am i nervous, not explicit questions but you trace how it feels inside when you interact and that can help you get to a more natural flow at least for me. And I agree with @inFlow in how just raising consciousness in general helps to get out of the head and more into the body 

31 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Then its about what that entails and how to. For me in my process its about being more authentic, being present with each interaction moment by moment, not following some principle rather dropping that and going into things with unknowing and seeing what comes naturally. So it can be like you pay attention to yourself when youre communicating, how did it feel when i said that, did it feel like a release of tension, did it feel forced, am i nervous, not explicit questions but you trace how it feels inside when you interact and that can help you get to a more natural flow at least for me.

This ??? bravo.

Mahadev

22 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

yea exactly. Then its about what that entails and how to. For me in my process its about being more authentic, being present with each interaction moment by moment, not following some principle rather dropping that and going into things with unknowing and seeing what comes naturally. So it can be like you pay attention to yourself when youre communicating, how did it feel when i said that, did it feel like a release of tension, did it feel forced, am i nervous, not explicit questions but you trace how it feels inside when you interact and that can help you get to a more natural flow at least for me. And I agree with @inFlow in how just raising consciousness in general helps to get out of the head and more into the body 

@Sugarcoat Thats some wisdom thanks.