Jason Actualization

The Litmus Test of Health

Be Honest...   10 members have voted

1. 1. Given your current state of health, (as you're reading this) would you be pleased to offer a beloved friend or family member a day in the life experienced via your body?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 posts in this topic

Definitely my mental health. Being able to handle discomfort without needing it to go away is extremely difficult for me. I want to get better at embracing discomfort, then letting it go gracefully.

Baby steps.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

13 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Definitely my mental health. Being able to handle discomfort without needing it to go away is extremely difficult for me. I want to get better at embracing discomfort, then letting it go gracefully.

Baby steps.

What you resist, persists. That said, my philosophy is to put food first, really fix and optimize your physiology, and then often times, discomfort subsides and good mental health blossoms.

I voted no because my nervous system was sympathetic dominant from a young age due to overall lack of friends and being bullied. This caused gastroparesis which caused LPR which caused post-nasal drip which caused a coating on my tongue that gives me bad breath that's still persist to this day.

The breath can cause a small room to have a musty smell after a period of hours. I continue to work on cultivating a stronger parasympathetic nervous system through healthy habits but given how long I've been wired to be in this emotional state it's a slow and gradual process. It remains to be seen if my body can reach a state where it's totally healthy I believe it will happen within the next 12 months. It's just a matter of implementing everything I've intellectually absorbed and turning it into into subconscious programming at this point.

Having a healthy parasympathetic system is necessary to keep the stomach emptying quickly which is necessary to keep food from pressing up against the lower esophageal sphincter which then causes LPR or silent reflux. When you go through a deep trauma your stomach tends to shut down and if it becomes chronic then it will cause these sorts of symptoms. Most people who have idiopathic gastroparesis suffered some sort of trauma or are in a heightened sympathetic dominant state.

It's another one of those stress-induced illnesses. Psychological state is more important than one's diet in the overall grand scheme of body health. Unhealthy psychology and Trauma tend to cause the very autoimmune problems that people blame on diet or environment or pesticides or whatever.

Edited by sholomar