Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bulgarianspirit

Warnings you would give to psychedelic users ⚠️

5 posts in this topic

I would warn them that this is uncharted territory, that experiencing higher states of consciousness is unlike anything they have done in their life. But also the dangers of concepts such as solipsism, being the only conscious entity, everything being imagination etc.

I think also they should take time to integrate their trips and be careful on the way. 

Like Leo said, this work is not for most people.

1 hour ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

I would warn them that this is uncharted territory, that experiencing higher states of consciousness is unlike anything they have done in their life. But also the dangers of concepts such as solipsism, being the only conscious entity, everything being imagination etc.

I think also they should take time to integrate their trips and be careful on the way. 

Like Leo said, this work is not for most people.

You can easily hurt yourself or be gone forever, the only and safest way is to have a trusted anchor. Meaning someone that is witnessing your body from a different reality so you can always get back. Disadvantage of that is that you will never reach/go as deep.

My own personal advice, don't start with psychedelics unless you're fully ready to let go of who you are and of this reality. The more and more you deconstruct reality (getting higher in consciousness) the harder it is to get back to your own.

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Working with Psychedelics needs time (even if time is not real) to integrate and embody like anything else. Keep your balance and don’t be reckless.

Walking a balanced path is more important than knowing where your path is leading.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

On 8/26/2023 at 3:04 PM, Jowblob said:

My own personal advice, don't start with psychedelics unless you're fully ready to let go of who you are and of this reality. The more and more you deconstruct reality (getting higher in consciousness) the harder it is to get back to your own.

@Jowblob What do you mean by this?  I think this is true in the sense that your concepts about reality can be permanently altered, but are you suggesting the possibility of literally not being able to return to your body?

From what I understand, after the chemical is fully metabolized, the effects end and you’re mostly back to normal.  Even after very intense experiences, the mind has a strong tendency to reassert psychological homeostasis in the weeks that follow.  I could see there being additional concerns for people already prone to mental illness though.

1 hour ago, bmcnicho said:

@Jowblob What do you mean by this?  I think this is true in the sense that your concepts about reality can be permanently altered, but are you suggesting the possibility of literally not being able to return to your body?

From what I understand, after the chemical is fully metabolized, the effects end and you’re mostly back to normal.  Even after very intense experiences, the mind has a strong tendency to reassert psychological homeostasis in the weeks that follow.  I could see there being additional concerns for people already prone to mental illness though.

Yes it's possible to not return back to your body, it will be like sleep. When you start sleeping you might get a remembrance of who you're actually are if you don't resist your memory will be wiped of who you were as an ego. Then you won't have any remembrance how to get back. Consciousness is fluid, memory in the nothingness state comes and go's.

Your reality can also be altered forever when you're in the ego because you deconstructed reality enough , you will stay and keep living in the same conditions it's like developing a mental illness. But mental illness is not an illness it's just your consciousness stuck in certain understanding low or high etc

@bmcnicho

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE