mr_engineer

Benevloent emasculation

50 posts in this topic

I have noticed that when we talk about men's loneliness or emotional-starvation, there is a rhetoric especially from progressive spaces that 'you're acting like a little boy' or 'you need to man up'. 

I am coining a new term for this response. It's called 'benevloent emasculation'. 

Benevolent Emasculation - The act of gaslighting a man into believing that he's acting like a little boy when he expresses his very real problems. 

To all of you doing this behavior, here's my question - why do YOU assume that when a man talks about his problems, he's 'acting like a little boy'?! Where did that come from?! Why are YOU convincing men that they're less mature than they are?! Why are YOU conditioning men into believing that they're 'being little boys'?! 

Do real men not communicate?! Is that what this boils down to?! 

Stop listening to society. Most of it doesn't come from deep thinking and contemplation.

Because so called problems that you represent is those problems that a man precisely doesnt have,thus you will be called out by someone who is masculine,because masculine will tell you straight in your face without  trying  not to hurt your feelings and cuddle you with a nice warm tea,you will then become emotional like a little boy they noticed you hold dear to your heart..nobody can demasculate you if you are masculine...

In this scene Soldier boy tells how it is to Homelander its man talking to a little baby...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

2 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Because so called problems that you represent is those problems that a man precisely doesnt have,thus you will be called out by someone who is masculine,because masculine will tell you straight in your face without  trying  not to hurt your feelings and cuddle you with a nice warm tea,you will then become emotional like a little boy they noticed you hold dear to your heart..nobody can demasculate you if you are masculine...

In this scene Soldier boy tells how it is to Homelander its man talking to a little baby...

Who taught you that? Who hurt you? 

@mr_engineer Only a man can teach you how to be a man...classic queastion that assumes someone hurt me, precisely opposite i was hurt by not knowing what im telling you,being ashamed of man qualities just because you hear all the time that man being a man is bad and to be a good boy follows it because i didnt know better being lost like you are now...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

3 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@mr_engineer Only a man can teach you how to be a man...classic queastion that assumes someone hurt me, precisely opposite i was hurt by not knowing what im telling you,being ashamed of man qualities just because you hear all the time that man being a man is bad and to be a good boy follows it because i didnt know better being lost like you are now...

Why does a man need to be 'taught' how to be a man? Why can't you have your own intuition guide you into being a man? Succumbing to an external ideology about 'manhood' is the opposite of freeing, and freedom is one of the biggest masculine values. 

If being emotional is 'not manly', 'men' by your definition will become replaceable by AI very quickly. Because, the only advantage that humanity has over AI is creativity. And, the only way to tap into your creativity, is to be tapped into your emotions! 

If I had my way, all indoctrination about 'being a man' would stop. Fine, people can have their schools of thought. But, very little of this indoctrination about 'manhood' specifically (not masculinity, talk about masculinity is important) is useful. 

This post is lowkey more offensive to those men it’s like you’re implicitly saying they don’t have the capacity to “man up”

1 minute ago, Sugarcoat said:

This post is lowkey more offensive to those men it’s like you’re implicitly saying they don’t have the capacity to “man up”

Why are men's emotional problems being used as a manipulation-tactic to get them to 'man up'?! I'm not saying that they don't have the capacity to do that. I'm saying that saying that they should do that, is not the solution. 

The solution is to show them more compassion, understanding and to be present with them so that they're less lonely. Whoever wants to do it can do it, whoever doesn't want to, doesn't have to. But, we have to stop deluding ourselves about the reality of the problem and what the solution is. That's the first step. 

@mr_engineer To be your own man is to be free from everything, so you need a man to unplug you and show you your own freedom in your words,because if that is so then why you here ,why you listen to leos content and asking queastions here, precisely because you know your own intuition cant be trusted and you wouldnt need to look anyone for answers,man if he doesnt need someone for help he discards it.

Man doesnt ask queastions like this on the forum because he answers his own queastions.

Im not saying men dont have emotions they do,but they are not emotional they dont get super into them and make them define them..

To you it isnt because you dont want to be a man, you want to just talk about being a man..

Edited by NoSelfSelf

It's you.

Now fight.

@mr_engineer you are consired for other men this is funny ?? thats a feminine quality.Poor men how should we help them instead of looking to help yourself.

It's you.

Now fight.

4 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

Why are men's emotional problems being used as a manipulation-tactic to get them to 'man up'?! I'm not saying that they don't have the capacity to do that. I'm saying that saying that they should do that, is not the solution. 

The solution is to show them more compassion, understanding and to be present with them so that they're less lonely. Whoever wants to do it can do it, whoever doesn't want to, doesn't have to. But, we have to stop deluding ourselves about the reality of the problem and what the solution is. That's the first step. 

Telling someone to man up etc can be can be very compassionate 

1 minute ago, NoSelfSelf said:

To be your own man is to be free from everything, so you need a man to unplug you and show you your own freedom in your words,because if that is so then why you here ,why you listen to leos content and asking queastions here, precisely because you know your own intuition cant be trusted and you wouldnt need to look anyone for answers,man if he doesnt need someone for help he discards it.

Man dont ask queastions like this on the forum because he answers his own queastions.

This thread didn't start with a question. It started with a statement. 

2 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Im not saying men dont have emotions they do but they are not emotional they dont get super into them and make them define them..

To you it isnt because you dont want to be a man you want to just talk about being a man..

If you do a psychedelic trip, what you will see very quickly is that the '3D material reality' is actually made of 'energy', which is 5-dimensional. And, another way to perceive this energy, is emotions. 

What is your problem with emotions? 

1 minute ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@mr_engineer you are consired for other men this is funny ?? thats a feminine quality.Poor men how should we help them instead of looking to help yourself.

Yupp. Compassion is feminine. Got it. 

Tell me one thing - how do you embody your Life-Purpose without being compassionate towards others?! Empathy is actually very important to understand the problems of the people you're helping. How do you do good work in the world without empathy?! 

Telling someone to man up etc can be can be very compassionate 

Not in this context. Not when we're talking about loneliness. If someone tells you 'I am lonely', you can solve their problem immediately, by connecting with them! 

@mr_engineer Im not gonna answer those queastions im not going back and forth with you i said my part...

It's you.

Now fight.

You are right and they are right too. Mental health should be addressed properly regardless the gender, and at the same time, we are the ones who are truly responsible to ourselves, no one has really more control over ourselves than ourselves but it doesn't mean that we don't need therapy, emotional support or validation to our feelings from others.

There is such a thing as tough love vs soft love, each of those can be beneficial or harmful, depending on the situation.

Men were told that they deserve only the tough form of love and if they receive soft form of love, something may be wrong with them.

But it's not true, men do need tough love in some situations but there are  situations when this type of love would destroy them, so they need gentle treatment and nourishment, aka soft love, from time to time. If there is no one around who can give them this at the moment, they may connect to their feminine side and start to give it to themselves. 

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

8 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

Not in this context. Not when we're talking about loneliness. If someone tells you 'I am lonely', you can solve their problem immediately, by connecting with them! 

that would just be a temporary boost at most it’s deeper problem with them

that would just be a temporary boost at most it’s deeper problem with them

Yupp. Having emotional needs is actually a problem. It's a sin, actually. 

Which hell does a man go to for having emotional needs?! The one with fire or the one with ice?! 

Just now, mr_engineer said:

Yupp. Having emotional needs is actually a problem. It's a sin, actually. 

Which hell does a man go to for having emotional needs?! The one with fire or the one with ice?! 

No ofc not it’s just I believe your focus is off. Theres deeper problems going on for them than lack of compassion from outside I would say so that is not this grand solution you proposing 

Just now, Sugarcoat said:

No ofc not it’s just I believe your focus is off. Theres deeper problems going on for them than lack of compassion from outside I would say so that is not this grand solution you proposing 

How has telling men to 'man up' been working, huh?!