mr_engineer

Benevloent emasculation

50 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

Benevolent emasculation. 'Boo hoo, you're being a victim'. 

How about this - You quit assuming that people are being victims just because they're talking about something they're going through. 

You call it "benevolent emasculation" and I call it bullshit... But potato.. poTAtoe.

Talk is cheap and blaming rarely solves problems. A man's gotta solve his problems for himself, but ok, shoot....

What do you want to talk about?

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

9 hours ago, Ajax said:

You call it "benevolent emasculation" and I call it bullshit... But potato.. poTAtoe.

Talk is cheap and blaming rarely solves problems. A man's gotta solve his problems for himself, but ok, shoot....

What do you want to talk about?

You're assuming that I want to talk about something, you're making this about me, when it's not. 

This is a chronic pattern I see in men's spaces. People get solution-oriented too quickly without understanding what's going on, then they end up giving bad advice. Sometimes, the advice/interpretation you get is purely theoretical. There is very little effort being put into seeing the reality of what's required. 

I had to name this pattern of bad-faith advice-giving, which is moreso about dick-measuring than actually helping someone. This 'pull yourself up by the bootstraps' rhetoric needs to stop. Everyone knows that, you rocket-scientist. Be of help if you can, or shut up. We don't need the obvious to be stated. It's like telling Roger Federer that 'he should've just hit the ball better' when he lost to Djokovic. 

5 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

You're assuming that I want to talk about something, you're making this about me, when it's not. 

bwhahhahah.. Oh man that is funny! hahaha. The definition of assumption is "something that you accept as true without question or proof" so hehe

1. I am not accepting anything I am asking. As in wanting to know! haha.. oh man.

2. In the definition, it says without question... I am literally asking a question BWAHAHAH... oh ha-ha. 

3. Who is bring this up? Who is writing it? Whose viewpoint is it! and you are saying it is not about you? really man? really?

This is a chronic pattern I see in men's spaces. People get solution-oriented too quickly without understanding what's going on, then they end up giving bad advice. Sometimes, the advice/interpretation you get is purely theoretical. There is very little effort being put into seeing the reality of what's required. 

First what is a man's space?  Only man's space I know of is his own little room or corner of a room where he has a tv and the shit he loves around him, his "man cave" where he can take a break from the world and entertain himself.

It doesn't matter, nobody cares. You can't make people care; nobody cares.  They got their own problems to deal with, they will politely listen out of kindness and compassion, but they don't give a fuck. They care about your survival as a civilized human. But they don't Fnking care about your problems. 

What kind of idiot man want to sit there and listed to everything you are going through, that is being rude and inconveniencing another person with your problems. And they don't know everything about you, how you think, how you view the worlds, your strengths and weaknesses. Any solution can only come from your mind and your mind alone.

It sounds like you just want to bitch and have someone to listen to your bitching... that's all that is what it seems like!

I had to name this pattern of bad-faith advice-giving, which is moreso about dick-measuring than actually helping someone. This 'pull yourself up by the bootstraps' rhetoric needs to stop. Everyone knows that, you rocket-scientist

HAHAHAHA, nobody owes you anything! Haha. You are lucky to have someone who gives enough shits to actually listen to your problems. HAHAH do you want male symps? Some one to hug you and hold you and tell you, it's ok... hahaha. Oh, man what is this world coming to... Lord have mercy... haha

Lol OK, Elon Musk... lol If everyone knows that then WHY are you not doing it? lol? Why are you making excuses? Genius is making something out of nothing. If you know that then you would make something out of nothing, you will solve problems on your own. If you knew that! lol but obviously you don't... WOW brilliant statement, Elon Musk. LMAO!! OMG. 

Your success is proportional to your own ability to solve your own problems. Obvious or not, if you don't get it... you certainly are a genius! LOLLOL

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Just now, Something Funny said:

@Ajax why do you always talk like a deranged 24/7 weed abuser?

HAHAHA. Show me a deranged 24/7 weed abuser! I never saw one before! I want to see one! I want to know one! Let's be one with the deranged 24/7 weed abuser! Yes! YES! YES!

15 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Ajax look in the mirror.

Why, YES!! Thank You. And a beautiful mirror it is. It sparkle it shines and is full of glimmering magic!.  Wow, what an amazing mirror. I love how it continues to infinity. I love the beautiful prisms of lights. I like all the details and contours. I love the silence of it all. The beautiful and majestic capturing of light. The smudges. Wow. What an amazing mirror! 

Do you have more mirrors to share with me! I want more and more! 

Yes, I love it so much. Thank you so much for sharing. I want more. Give me more

more more more more more more more more more!

This is exciting! I am what you see. And it is Magnificent!  Breathtaking. What a view! What a masterpiece! TRUELY SOMETHING FUNNY! TRULY I SAW. THANK YOU! LOVE IT! WHAT GREATNESS!

Edited by Ajax

13 hours ago, Ajax said:

bwhahhahah.. Oh man that is funny! hahaha. The definition of assumption is "something that you accept as true without question or proof" so hehe

1. I am not accepting anything I am asking. As in wanting to know! haha.. oh man.

2. In the definition, it says without question... I am literally asking a question BWAHAHAH... oh ha-ha. 

When you ask me what I want to talk about, the assumption is that I want to talk about something. 

13 hours ago, Ajax said:

3. Who is bring this up? Who is writing it? Whose viewpoint is it! and you are saying it is not about you? really man? really?

You're not acknowledging the issue. 

13 hours ago, Ajax said:

First what is a man's space?  Only man's space I know of is his own little room or corner of a room where he has a tv and the shit he loves around him, his "man cave" where he can take a break from the world and entertain himself.

It doesn't matter, nobody cares. You can't make people care; nobody cares.  They got their own problems to deal with, they will politely listen out of kindness and compassion, but they don't give a fuck. They care about your survival as a civilized human. But they don't Fnking care about your problems. 

What's with this assumption that your own problems are somehow special?! Everyone goes through similar shit. If we discuss it out, everyone benefits from it. 

No individual is special. That is precisely why you talk about what you're going through, cuz others can learn from it! 

13 hours ago, Ajax said:

What kind of idiot man want to sit there and listed to everything you are going through, that is being rude and inconveniencing another person with your problems. And they don't know everything about you, how you think, how you view the worlds, your strengths and weaknesses. Any solution can only come from your mind and your mind alone.

If all solutions must come from your own mind, there would be no such thing as education. The reason credentials are valued is that some people have credibility, some don't. So, credentials are a proof of that. 

No expert would be needed in this hypothetical world you're talking about. 

13 hours ago, Ajax said:

HAHAHAHA, nobody owes you anything! Haha. You are lucky to have someone who gives enough shits to actually listen to your problems. HAHAH do you want male symps? Some one to hug you and hold you and tell you, it's ok... hahaha. Oh, man what is this world coming to... Lord have mercy... haha

Lol OK, Elon Musk... lol If everyone knows that then WHY are you not doing it? lol? Why are you making excuses? Genius is making something out of nothing. If you know that then you would make something out of nothing, you will solve problems on your own. If you knew that! lol but obviously you don't... WOW brilliant statement, Elon Musk. LMAO!! OMG. 

Well, it's very rich of people who don't give enough shits, to act like know-it-alls and give shitty advice. If you don't give a shit, zip it and move on with your life. Don't mislead others. 

13 hours ago, Ajax said:

Your success is proportional to your own ability to solve your own problems. Obvious or not, if you don't get it... you certainly are a genius! LOLLOL

funny-planet-radio-slow-clap-zrzg7mulwldi7mjb.gif

When you ask me what I want to talk about, the assumption is that I want to talk about something. 

An assumption is when you believe something is true without asking or questioning.

You're not acknowledging the issue. 

More times than not, it feels like the entire universe is trying to beat you and tear you down. Just about anything good you a person tries to do is met with resistance. It takes a certain tough as fuck mentality to be able to survive in a word mean to destroy you. Nature doesn't have much sympathy for complaining or blaming or whining or justification.  I did not have an easy life, the only thing that go me through is my mentality. 

I understand communication is important, and I am willing to talk about anything. However, my mind and everything it goes through, rejects self-pity and excuses and blaming and justification. I for one believe that having the right mentality is the most important thing to surviving as a man, and so It is important for men to help each other have the right mentality first. 

It might be very painful as support groups might be important, however mindset, attitude and actions are what will get your through your troubles. 

6 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

If all solutions must come from your own mind, there would be no such thing as education. The reason credentials are valued is that some people have credibility, some don't. So, credentials are a proof of that. 

No expert would be needed in this hypothetical world you're talking about

Ideas solve problems. Education may help you have good ideas.  But good ideas are not necessarily built on education. Education can build on the idea and make it happen, but it is the creation of ideas that make solutions.

I do love talking to you. I do care about what you have to say. However, if some things that you say sound like bullshit to me, sometimes I can't hold my mouth and I have to say something. You are a brilliant man and have great things to say. I hope you have a great day! 

LOVE