Bulgarianspirit

This Ego can't have free will

6 posts in this topic

As a thing imagined in consciousness, my thoughts and desires just come to me with the next moment. I am the watcher of this movie, but the movie seems laid out. Have you noticed when you try to change or force things it never works? There seems to be a flow to things, call it destiny or what you want, life is happening and you as an ego have 0 control. If your ego had free will you would see the possibilities and change course accordingly. But because you are blind to the possibilities and consequences, you are merely doing impossible guess work and taking the action you believe most correct at this moment. Also you can't prevent or change good or bad things that will happen to you, or take a chance on a new venture, a new way of viewing things. We are very myopic, blind even and yet things work out fine. God is handling reality well, so well, we the actors in this place of life and death can only watch the play of form, but not affect it.

Edited by Bulgarianspirit

7 minutes ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

As a thing imagined in consciousness, my thoughts and desires just come to me with the next moment. I am the watcher of this movie, but the movie seems laid out. Have you noticed when you try to change or force things it never works? There seems to be a flow to things, call it destiny or what you want, life is happening and you as an ego have 0 control. If your ego had free will you would see the possibilities and change course accordingly. But because you are blind to the possibilities and consequences, you are merely doing impossible guess work and taking the action you believe most correct at this moment. Also you can't prevent or change good or bad things that will happen to you, or take a chance on a new venture, a new way of viewing things. We are very myopic, blind even and yet things work out fine. God is handling reality well, so well we the actors in this place of life and death can only watch the play of form, but not affect it.

As long as it feels like we have free will, we do.  But yes, it is ultimately God's will.  That being said, have you have ever wondered where this marvelous blueprint of reality is hiding?  Maybe somewhere in another dimension God sits cross legged at a large oak table, feverishly watching his movie unfold.   And there he sits, crafting new movies on long scrolls.  He stores it all in a nice oak cabinet by the stove.   It is locked, the key tucked away in his deep pockets.  But if you found this dimension, and you found this home - you could open the cabinet and pull out one of the scrolls.  Possibly the one about this particular movie.  And you would know what happens next 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

As long as it feels like we have free will, we do.  But yes, it is ultimately God's will.  That being said, have you have ever wondered where this marvelous blueprint of reality is hiding?  Maybe somewhere in another dimension God sits cross legged at a large oak table, feverishly watching his movie unfold.   And there he sits, crafting new movies on long scrolls.  He stores it all in a nice oak cabinet by the stove.   It is locked, the key tucked away in his deep pockets.  But if you found this dimension, and you found this home - you could open the cabinet and pull out one of the scrolls.  Possibly the one about this particular movie.  And you would know what happens next 

I think for us to be finite the infinite needs to forget itself, amazingly by totally limiting itself and watching the movie. This way you can rewatch movies too, time isn't really an issue. I guess I can't know the whole future because then it has become the past, the movie is ruined. Also it might fully destroy the illusion.

Edited by Bulgarianspirit

2 minutes ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

I think for us to be finite the infinite needs to forget itself, amazingly by totally limiting itself and watching the movie. 

This is the true miracle.  You nailed it.  To imagine that this can be pre-planned without anything behind the scenes or anyone to plan it is truly breathtaking 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The all or nothing perspective is a dualistic mindset and the ego will even embrace the notion it has no free will as long as it gets what it desires, attachment and identity that comes from a perspective of separation which dualism is this.

The ego cannot help but be dualistic since that is its very nature and it is an autonomous facet of our psyche but in awareness we don't have to perceive in this separated way. We can transcend it and are not just limited to what the ego creates as identity.