integral

Is it Possible to Awaken to Anything?

27 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Spirituality by its very nature is paradoxical. You resolve all paradoxes by just accepting that everything is ONE. The only reason people are not soberly experiencing a state of ONENESS is due to psychological denial. In the words of Leo "You are behind a wall of denial.....and you need to construct stories"

Yes - and be careful about deconstructing those stories.   It is like the yarn in a shape of the cat.  As you pull apart the yarn you are pulling yourself apart.  And when you get to the end you will be gone.  The small self anyway :)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

30 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Well yes, of course - but then you can say that about calling infinity Infinity.   In other words all language can't explain awakening.   Even the word awakening or Infinity is already entering into duality.   

I guess to answer his question- when you become the Absolute- it is Absolute.   There is no room for falsehood because falsehood can only come AFTER the Absolute divides itself.   And so, in becoming Absolute- you ARE it. And that's it.  Any discussion of what is valid or not valid is the parts which break away from the Absolute.

Agree more or less, because if you say "infinity" you could transmit an idea to another who has experienced the openess and he's going to think, that's what awakening is, and if you say: "no other", it evokes the mental concept of solipsism that Leo spreads in his video, which is: the other people who appear in your experience have no experience which is something that needs to be nuanced a lot. it's almost a koan

Edited by Breakingthewall

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Agree more or less, because if you say "infinity" you could transmit an idea to another who has experienced the openess and he's going to think, that's what awakening is, and if you say: "no other", it evokes the mental concept of solipsism that Leo spreads in his video, which is: the other people who appear in your experience have no experience. 

Point noted - but i have to tell you that my final awakening to Oneness did indeed reveal that other people are held within a single Mind.  This mind is not a human self but also not separate from you.  If you are not a person then how could your mother be one?  Is it all then just a bunch of fragmented Minds that meet in the middle?  Where this breaks down is there must be no space between these fragmented Minds - because time and space are within the Minds.   So where would you draw a line when there is none to be drawn.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

52 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I guess to answer his question- when you become the Absolute- it is Absolute.   There is no room for falsehood because falsehood can only come AFTER the Absolute divides itself.   And so, in becoming Absolute- you ARE it. And that's it.  Any discussion of what is valid or not valid is the parts which break away from the Absolute.

How does this account for the 30 different types of Absolute Awakenings if its not divided? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

11 minutes ago, integral said:

How does this account for the 30 different types of Absolute Awakenings if its not divided? 

That's a great question and when @Breakingthewall said what he said I was already thinking about that.  This is where it gets amazing.  Think of it like a giant diamond or gemstone viewed from different angles.  It is still One.  But you can understand it one angle at a time because viewing it whole you are too blinded by its magnificence.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Point noted - but i have to tell you that my final awakening to Oneness did indeed reveal that other people are held within a single Mind.  This mind is not a human self but also not separate from you.  If you are not a person then how could your mother be one?  Is it all then just a bunch of fragmented Minds that meet in the middle?  Where this breaks down is there must be no space between these fragmented Minds - because time and space are within the Minds.   So where would you draw a line when there is none to be drawn.

Imagine the configuration of reality that is inlightened, all that experience taking place, within which things appear, such as trees, people, images and sensations of all kinds. at a given moment, that pattern of perception dissolves, like a soap bubble, and another begins, a rat with all its rat experiences. only the rat exists, the rat is the total infinite being. the same as before with inlightened, so... where is inlightened? never existed? or did it exist... before? when before? before? if this is infinity, there is no "before", there is only now, because before is the limit of the now and limits are impossible. here we have the koan. The answer is: infinity. It can only be understood in one way: in the infinite, everything is contained within each point of view, but since we are infinite, all that content is in turn infinite, and within it the infinite is contained, so you are contained in me and I am contained in you. Everything is, and there is no difference between past, future and all at the same time. There are limits in infinity, but as a creation. They can be dissolved just stopping the fact of having an experience. Since it's an experience, there are limits, so the experience is imaginary, same than the limits 

So the question would be: what is an experience? I'd say, infinity limiting itself

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's a great question and when @Breakingthewall said what he said I was already thinking about that.  This is where it gets amazing.  Think of it like a giant diamond or gemstone viewed from different angles.  It is still One.  But you can understand it one angle at a time because viewing it whole you are too blinded by its magnificence.

:x