Thought Art

Course Creators Mega Thread

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

This Mega thread is for those of us who are course creators, or are interested in becoming a course creator.

I suspect over the coming years many people who are working on their life purpose will begin turning to online course creation. A lot of us get caught up with being a youtuber, but I think the real money is in course creation.

I now have a consistently growing youtube channel for my Qigong business. My next steps include building my email list, and launching my online course. I tried out different platforms for organic growth and personally found that simply marketing on youtube was best for my business model... People need to get a taste of the Qigong and it's easy for me to make batches of youtube videos. I think make each youtube video a value packed video, that also promote my online course offer. 

Share in this thread questions, tips, tricks, and resources so we can assist each other in becoming successful, profitable and mature course creators.

Share:

Topics for discussion:

1. Course Creation General
    1. Course Branding
    2. Course Outline
    3. Filming, editing, lighting, sound, etc
  2. Sales and Marketing
    1. Sales Funnels
      1. Types of funnels
      2. Funnel platforms
      3. Funnel Maps
      4. Customer Journey
      5. Copywriting for Sales
      6. Types of Landing Pages
    2. Sales
      1. Sales Communication
    3. News Letters
    4. Paid vs Organic Growth
  3. How to decide what course to create
    1. Leo's Life Purpose Course could help
  4. How to use AI to leverage your growth and impact
    1. AI Tools
    2. AI Prompts
  5. Community
    1. How to build community
    2. The Pillars of Community
    3. Paid Vs Free community
  6. Work Flows
  7. What is course creation and sales with integrity?
  8. etc

There are many affordable, or even free platforms right now that teach you how to create online courses and market them. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Not promoting Thinkific, though I am going looking into it, sharing this playlist to help start the thread off.

◭"89"

25 Best Landing Page Examples

I am scanning over all the elements of doing this course creation stuff. I think this may be a good article.

◭"89"

Watch this video to get some ideas on what makes business/ marketing practices ethical or not. I've watched this video a long time ago and remember the following questions one should ask:

1. How much harm does or will the business or a particular business practice cause?

2. Am I targeting victims and sell bullshit products?

He goes quite deep and gives good examples. It's worth watching.

Also, it’s really important to be careful when it comes to getting scammed, scalped and taken advantage of. This happened to me. After this, I’ve now found many similar courses, programs and resources that I paid $10,000 for that are free, or for a much more reasonable price. Do I think the course that scalped memay be worth 10k$? Perhaps yes for some people. But, they lied about the timeline, their success rate, etc and basically fucked me over by encouraging to take out a loan. Once I got into the program and saw they had lied, like 7 days in I resented them so much but tried ti make it work. They, in all honesty did their best and I think want their clients to succeed. But, the damage was done. Also, there is a level of personal responsibility on my end. I should have done more due diligence to study the space, see what alternatives exist, and taken more precautions that the course may not work out. My decision to join their program was done out of a desperation.Why lie, when obviously the person once in the program sees you lied… like, so dumb. It was probably the worst experience of my life. 

After that experience I know how I want to market my courses a little better. I know I don’t want to lie and exaggerate in my marketing or scam people (especially young people trying to develop themselves as in my case). It’s shameful and sad the things people do to others for money.

Make sure you watch this before buying marketing courses, etc. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art In fact, I pretty much have a slight stress about the scam each day when I think about my finances. Don’t do that to people. Don’t be a selfish, evil asshole.

◭"89"

Dan Koe is a great resource for this.

According to him, the key to success in this market place is to synthesize all your interests and expertise and thus create a totally unique product/service (your „Purple Cow“).

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Why did you decide to create a course instead of just offering consulting.

I would imagine the latter is way more lucrative (in the beginning) and has a lower entrance barrier.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus