igor699669

What meditation should i use?

7 posts in this topic

I heard about many meditations from all teachers, including Leo ( he has about 5-6 different meditations, like binaural beats, mindfulness, kriya, satisfaction meditation, guided meditation, maybe I forgot something...) . I tried almost all meditations, but probably I need to choose one . How are you chosen your meditation for daily habit? Or I need to use all meditations ? I am confused... Thank you for your answers in advance! 

I just lay down, identify any random spot on the ceiling and look at it. I like keeping it very very simply, no frickin complexities. 

Edited by Vibroverse

You mean that you took meditation that you love and do it? But I do not know which meditation is right for me, simply because i didnt feel too much in all meditations, maybe it is in cause of inconsistency? (it is also question - why is that happen?) . 

Getting used to meditation takes time. Your mind will keep playing tricks on you like "i'm not sure i'm doing it right, i'm not sure if it is good enough for me", and so forth. Just pick one of those methods you've found and give it some time, just focus on whatever meditation technique you've chosen. 

Look into Daniel Ingram, Culadasa and Shinzen young's system. 

Those are like giants in meditation, I would also recommend the r/streamentry subreddit, just be aware of Buddhist dogma. 

@igor699669 Also, I'd check out the meditations on the r/nondirective subreddit (these meditation techniques fall into the surrender category)

Imo, there are three types of meditations:

1. Single pointed concentration meditation, i.e. just focusing on breath

2. Awareness/ insight/ mindfulness meditations, i.e. noting/ labelling your inner experiences (Here you become aware of your inner experiences)

3. Surrender/ letting go meditations, i.e. meditations focused on letting go of control

-----

I think, when starting off, its best to focus on the first and third types of meditations.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback