Preetom

A Thought Experiment

6 posts in this topic

What if you were born and there was not even a single trace of any 'religion' in this whole world. What would your own life and your surroundings be like? what could be the state of the world?
Or is it just hard wired in humankind to follow a religion or cause by default?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Interesting question right there. Something I'm gonna contemplate about for a while. You'd have to think back when religion became a thing and work from there. Brb

@Nahm Yes I think you are right in this regard. Lots of religious people tend to avoid taking a bold/dangerous action in their lives due to their unquestioned, hidden obligation towards religion.

but for me I feel I would never be able to have an authentic relationship with my family and relatives due to countless unquestioned religious assumptions. Even in me, I feel like being split in half due to hardwired religion taught from childhood and no actual experience backing it all up. 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 hours ago, Preetom said:

What if you were born and there was not even a single trace of any 'religion' in this whole world. What would your own life and your surroundings be like? what could be the state of the world?
Or is it just hard wired in humankind to follow a religion or cause by default?

Well, before religion was spirituality, as religion is the codification of spiritual experiences.

So, it wouldn't be long before someone took their first-hand spiritual experiences and created a conceptualization from it, that others could follow second-hand.

And then, there you go. Religion is present for others born after it's creation yet again.

Either way, the task is still the same at it's core. Filling your cup with first-hand spirituality. Either by replacing previously held second-hand internalizations, or replacing uncertainty and mystery with again first hand spiritual experiences.

Edited by Salaam

@Salaam I like how you put it. Thanks :)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''