Guest username

I Am Not Going To Achieve All My Goals

6 posts in this topic

And that's okay. I have limitless desire and ambition for what I'd like to do an experience in life, and it is fine to not actualize every outcome. A human is only capable of so much.

I see this desire to expand beyond what is possible as all the more reason to realize myself for my limitless nature, and in the mean time enjoy simply being as a live out my life and enjoy the journey.

I will still work hard, but I won't be neurotic about it. Many people tell me that I need certain outcomes to live the best possible life. Even on this forum some subscribe to fulfilling  all of Maslow's hierarchy of needs to truly live a full life. I don't buy too much into that.  

I will follow my intuition and become free of outcome and detached as I engage myself in life. I will work to have an awesome career, but I won't need it. Same for relationships. It's okay if material goals don't materialize. That doesn't make me lazy or less dedicated, only less needy and neurotic.

I will work my hardest from a place of abundance and inspiration, not need and desperation.

My suffering is an illusion. I don't need those nice objects and experiences I aspire to.

Edited by username

7 hours ago, username said:

It's okay if material goals don't materialize. That doesn't make me lazy or less dedicated, only less needy and neurotic.

ooh :o I especially loved this statement

it is true really. recently I was worried over how my motivation lessened as I was more accepting of not achieving my tasks i had set them. I don't formally conclude that worry I guess... but it is very true, that it was not a lack of motivation I was notice, but a lack of compulsion and self-blame. there are better ways to find motivation than the spur :)

strong statement! we should all live like that or atleast aspire to.. life would be so much more peaceful, authentic and fulfilling. 

I like your outlook on life @username because there is no use in getting frustrated if the frustration isn't going to help us and keep us down. The frustration will just lead to more and more negative emotions and that's something I'm trying to eliminate. In fact I'm just grateful and happy that I'm born in the time period and the country that I'm in. For all I know I could've been born in a different time period under much different circumstances and not even have my basic needs met. 

21 hours ago, username said:

I will work my hardest from a place of abundance and inspiration, not need and desperation.

You said it. Now live it out.