AstralProjection

Visualize Success If You Want To Fail According To Study!

13 posts in this topic

I just had to post this here. Now it makes me wonder if visualizing for instance to actually strive to go college and study hard would and work to attain ones goals would work better. Meaning I can't imagine that visualization is useless in every way for attaining goals, it has to have some value if used correctly in attaining ones goals.

Visualize Success if You Want to Fail
https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi.../#329711b23604

Edited by AstralProjection

So basically Forbes talks about a study that was done which shows that when you visualize having your end goal that you loose desire to attain that goal then you don't actually do it.

So one group visualized their to do list while the other didn't. And the ones that visualized accomplished less on their list. 

Even on the most basic measures visualization decreased desire to attain their goals. So here they took two groups of people that were thirsty. One visualized having some water while the other group didn't. As it turned out the group that visualized didn't go for the water as quick as the group that didn't visualize.

@AstralProjection thats exactly how its supposed to work. Every lack-based desire is irrational, suffering causing and inefficient.

It may helo you with motivation in the short run only to realize you are unfulfilled in the long run.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@AstralProjection This reminds me of a study that said that if you go around telling people your goals you are more likely to fail at them. Because the act of telling people, and the social rewards you get from doing this, trick your brain into thinking that you have already attained the goal. The reward centers and such go off. So if you really care about achieving something, keep it to yourself! Counter intuitively.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@AstralProjection Not saying that I would dogmatically apply either things all of the time. There is a balance to be found and a nuance to be acted with.

Edited by Colin

The kingdom of heaven is within.

57 minutes ago, Colin said:

@AstralProjection Not saying that I would dogmatically apply either things all of the time. There is a balance to be found and a nuance to be acted with.

Exactly that is why I think that how one visualizes is very important. So let's say I want a nice new car. Instead of visualizing myself driving that nice new car, instead visualize myself working hard in college to attain that job that can fund that car. 

1 hour ago, Colin said:

@AstralProjection This reminds me of a study that said that if you go around telling people your goals you are more likely to fail at them. Because the act of telling people, and the social rewards you get from doing this, trick your brain into thinking that you have already attained the goal. The reward centers and such go off. So if you really care about achieving something, keep it to yourself! Counter intuitively.

Yeah I remember that study. Funny how it works in RL.

4 hours ago, Martin123 said:

@AstralProjection thats exactly how its supposed to work. Every lack-based desire is irrational, suffering causing and inefficient.

It may helo you with motivation in the short run only to realize you are unfulfilled in the long run.

But what is the point of doing visualization if it doesn't cause you to take action and accomplish what you want in life. I don't think you understand how desire and spirituality work.

If you don't workout those mental muscles you atrophy.

Anyway I am not here to say visualization is worthless. All I am saying is that be careful how you use visualization. Instead of only imagining yourself attaining your goal end your visualization trying to attain it but not quit getting there so that it will create more desire in you to attain that goal. After all the mind is like a muscle. In always imagining life being easy having your goals it's sending a dangerous signal that is OK to slack and have your goal. So use it like a muscle and give it periods of relaxation in having that goal, while also creating tension and desire to attain that goal. This seems like the smartest most balanced thing to do. 

Edited by AstralProjection

@AstralProjection No. You realize the quality of consciousness it represents, (or lets say value for the lack of a better word) for example freedom or feeling of worthiness, and then you visualize yourself already feeling worthy, until you truly embody it.
That is how you self-actualize through desires. Dont get no ferari thats silly.

7 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@AstralProjection No. You realize the quality of consciousness it represents, (or lets say value for the lack of a better word) for example freedom or feeling of worthiness, and then you visualize yourself already feeling worthy, until you truly embody it.
That is how you self-actualize through desires. Dont get no ferari thats silly.

This comes down to what laws you want to use. Do you want to live by the laws of the physical, or do you want to live by the laws of higher spiritual values. Granted you'll probably do much better in the afterlife doing what you said above. But the trade off is that you won't be very effective taking action to attain those goals here in the physical. While conversely following my advice one would probably get more results here in the physical but not as much results in the afterlife. So it depends on what one's goals are personally. But I see what your saying Martin, I am just a more physical goal orientated person. :)

@AstralProjection whats it what they say on this forum? Naive realist? Hehe

No sorry thats not true either. Anything I do on earth I dont do for "afterlife". That's a waste of a life.

All success comes from inside out.

3 hours ago, Martin123 said:

All success comes from inside out.

Well it all depends on our definitions and what we all want to achieve.

22 hours ago, AstralProjection said:

Visualize Success If You Want To Fail

Success is a by-product; one need not think about it. And if you think about it, you will not get it - that is a condition. Don't think about success, because if you start thinking about success you become divided. Then you are not totally in the work; your real mind is in the future: 'How to succeed?' Your mind has started playing the game of greed, ambition, ego.

Never think of success. Success is a natural by-product. If you work really sincerely upon yourself, success will follow you just as your shadow follows you. If you think of success, somewhere deep down there will be a fear also. Who knows whether you are going to make it or not? You may fail. Success takes you into the future, gives you a greed game, an ego projection, ambition, and the fear also gives you a shaking, a trembling - you may fail. The possibility of failure makes you waver. And with this wavering, with this greed, with this ambition, your work will not be quiet. Your work will become a turmoil; you will be working here and looking there. 

When you move on the road do you look again and again for your shadow - whether it is following you or not? The shadow follows; it is inevitable. So if your work is in the right direction, with the right effort, with the totality of your being, the reward follows automatically.

I just wrote about a technique that uses visualization as part of the exercise