Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
framu

Law of attraction and prayer.

20 posts in this topic

Me and my girlfriend are both into self-improvement and spirituality. I am particularly interested in psychedelics (especially LSD) for healing trauma and meditation. My girlfriend however is more into what I would consider more feminine sides of spirituality like journaling, yoga and law of attraction.

My girlfriend was talking a lot about law of attraction in the start of our relationship. I was kind of sceptical, but at the same time not being judgmental and close minded. When we got together she told me that she «found» me by writing a list of what she wanted a in a man and relationship, where she had a ceremony burning the paper she had written the list on.

I had some serious health issues I have been struggling with for almost 10 years. She inspired me to try just writing down in present tense the life I wanted. So I have written an A4 size paper every day since about my health issue in a negating and positive way - if that makes sense. Like «I am healthy, I feel so good in my body» etc. I also started practicing visualization. Surely and steadily my health have been getting better ever since. I have at the same time simontaniously worked towards achieving the goal of better health. It seems that small coinsidences just appear out of nowhere that over time adds up to helping me getting towards this goal of getting healthy again.

Everytime I trip and get ego death, I experience law of attraction as a universal truth about the universe. It feels freakish but I always end up having the same insights and conclusions. When I am back in a sober state though, I start to question if I was just delusional ?

Of course, I also think law of attraction have some kind of limitations without me knowing what that exactly is.

So I tripped on LSD this weekend for some trauma healing and when I came down from the trip, I had this weird insight. I was thinking that Jesus and Muhammad was preaching prayer not only as a meditation technique, but also as a way to practice law of attraction - i.e. what you focus on becomes true.

So from what I understand, law of attraction have 2 fundamental rules.

1. If you don’t believe in it, its not going to work

2. If what you want comes from a place of desperation or scarcity, its not going to work

I feel like the first rule is relevant for a prayer to god, because FAITH in god is of high importantance in Christianity and Islam. When you ask god for help, he will only help if you believe in him.

On a little side note, I saw the Netflix documentary about Arnold Schwarzenegger, which was a very inspirational. I can’t shake one of the last quotes in the third episode out of my head, where Arnold was saying: «When somebody says «Arnold, you are the perfect example. The self made man». And I said «the only thing that is «self» is kind of all the motivation, VISUALIZATION and all this stuff. There was an endless amounts of people helping me…» I think this hammers home the point that law of attraction is a true thing.

Another thing I have been thinking about is if the placebo effect in studies is law of attraction also. In psychology, studies has also proven that self fulfilling prophecies are real, but they are explaining it to some "logical reasons". It would be really interesting if somebody actually did a study on this to see if it works!

Do you guys think Jesus and Muhammad might have had the same insight about law of attraction and thus preaching prayer? Or am I delusional? ?

All I know from direct experience is that visualization especially to fitting music for some reason is extremely powerful it’s like a cleanse of the whole system 

On 2.8.2023 at 10:06 AM, Sugarcoat said:

All I know from direct experience is that visualization especially to fitting music for some reason is extremely powerful it’s like a cleanse of the whole system 

Do you have an very active pineal gland when visualizing? 

Any of your visualizations ever come true?

6 hours ago, framu said:

Do you have an very active pineal gland when visualizing? 

Any of your visualizations ever come true?

I have no clue about the pineal gland I haven’t read about it. Anything about it connected to this?

Some of it has. Yet with anything that comes true I just keep visualizing all that hasn’t. It’s an impulse not a conscious decision, which is actually when it works the best in my experience.

What I have found is that it’s not so much about the contents of the visualization but it’s what it does immediately to your state and your energy (a very strong “uplift” ) that is the primary benefit of it. And by engaging in it more and more, this positive change in your state goes from being just a temporary effect to permanently changing your default state. And here I mean on an energy level, physical health level, emotional level mental clarity, etc. At least for me. 

A couple of days ago I accidentally stumbled across this video talking about how visualization has effects down on the genetic level. Very interesting and supports my direct experience of it. Essentially what I’m getting from all of this is that it puts you in a state that is more conducive to getting what you want, so that’s one aspect of the law of attraction part of it  I’m guessing 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvNn2loNwAz/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by Sugarcoat

13 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

I have no clue about the pineal gland I haven’t read about it. Anything about it connected to this?

Some of it has. Yet with anything that comes true I just keep visualizing all that hasn’t. It’s an impulse not a conscious decision, which is actually when it works the best in my experience.

What I have found is that it’s not so much about the contents of the visualization but it’s what it does immediately to your state and your energy (a very strong “uplift” ) that is the primary benefit of it. And by engaging in it more and more, this positive change in your state goes from being just a temporary effect to permanently changing your default state. And here I mean on an energy level, physical health level, emotional level mental clarity, etc. At least for me. 

A couple of days ago I accidentally stumbled across this video talking about how visualization has effects down on the genetic level. Very interesting and supports my direct experience of it. Essentially what I’m getting from all of this is that it puts you in a state that is more conducive to getting what you want, so that’s one aspect of the law of attraction part of it  I’m guessing 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvNn2loNwAz/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I was thinking more of the lines of how clear your "visions" get. Sometimes for me, they can be as clear as real life visions. Like very strong closed eyes visions with vivid colors, clear shapes shapes etc. Sometimes they are not really clear. I think this has to do with third eye activation and the pineal gland in the brain.

What I feel like visualization and scripting does, is that it changes my though process. For example, if I have something that I have afraid of or resistance to, that whole thing switches off. If I think about something is impossible or improbable, my thinking changes to it's possible or it's just a matter of time. So my thoughts changes, making the manifestations come true in the end. I feel like you can't manifest something totally specific like an exact event, but its more like it just opens the path the where you want to go. An good analogy could be in the dating sphere where dating techniques and seduction dosent work on one particular girl you want to date, but it works as a method to be able to date more girls that is better suited for you.

@framu
Oh ok. Yea it’s usually very vivid just like you said. But I have always had strong visual thinking skills I believe so maybe that contributes probably. Didn’t know it was connected to those things you mean the chakra also?

I totally agree with it switching off the fear and resistance! I don’t do scripting but I tend to visualize to music I’ve naturally just done it all my life and it does just that like pure magic. Once again don’t understand fully the mechanisms. And I agree it’s not that it guarantees the exact outcome but more about it creating a better foundation for you to build from and go after what you want. Like those methods in your analogy being a foundation for better outcomes in general

Edited by Sugarcoat

1 hour ago, Sugarcoat said:

@framu
Oh ok. Yea it’s usually very vivid just like you said. But I have always had strong visual thinking skills I believe so maybe that contributes probably. Didn’t know it was connected to those things you mean the chakra also?

I totally agree with it switching off the fear and resistance! I don’t do scripting but I tend to visualize to music I’ve naturally just done it all my life and it does just that like pure magic. Once again don’t understand fully the mechanisms. And I agree it’s not that it guarantees the exact outcome but more about it creating a better foundation for you to build from and go after what you want. Like those methods in your analogy being a foundation for better outcomes in general

can you give us a specific example, what kind of music? what kind of visualization.

1 hour ago, bensenbiz said:

can you give us a specific example, what kind of music? what kind of visualization.

Now we getting into cringey territory but hey since you asked ?

Well the center of the visualizations  being my ideal self, in relation to others 

Now don’t ask me why since I don’t fully understand the mechanisms of it myself although I have some theories 

There’s a term “maladaptive daydreaming” which is what some call it when this tendency to daydream interferes with functioning 

it was a bit dysfunctional like that in the past

but I can say before my awakening experience I would resist this impulse to daydream/visualize (it’s an impulse not really a conscious decision like “let’s visualize”) because I saw it as a waste of time . But then after the shift I noticed how it did something special to my state so I embraced it fully and have experienced profound healing and change in default state since . So it does something I can say for sure but I would say it works best when it’s an ~impulse~ one has, not some conscious decision 

regarding the music . It can be all kinds of music. Everything from afrobeat to slow ballads 

Edited by Sugarcoat

On 5.8.2023 at 5:36 PM, Sugarcoat said:

@framu

Yeah, so I think that the chakra system in interacting with the physical body, with for example the nerve system. And from what I understand the pineal gland is very involved in vividness in dreams while sleeping - and thus active in visualization.

I am not sure exactly what happens but it just seems that you tune yourself into some kind of frequenzy or state which makes you more susceptible to getting the results you are aiming for!

Don't get so soaked in ideas like law of attraction and so forth. 

20 hours ago, framu said:

Yeah, so I think that the chakra system in interacting with the physical body, with for example the nerve system. And from what I understand the pineal gland is very involved in vividness in dreams while sleeping - and thus active in visualization.

I am not sure exactly what happens but it just seems that you tune yourself into some kind of frequenzy or state which makes you more susceptible to getting the results you are aiming for!

That is interesting. Recently in particular my body awareness has deepened and I’ve had some energetic shifts which seem to me connected to the chakras and also the nervous system so it does ring a bell for me what you’re saying. This human vessel seems quite holistic so everything is connected. 
And it is mysterious indeed so idk either what all of this is about. But I agree there a major component is how this visualizations affects your state in amazing ways. 

Edited by Sugarcoat

1 hour ago, Sugarcoat said:

That is interesting. Recently in particular my body awareness has deepened and I’ve had some energetic shifts which seem to me connected to the chakras and also the nervous system so it does ring a bell for me what you’re saying. This human vessel seems quite holistic so everything is connected. 
And it is mysterious indeed so idk either what all of this is about. But I agree there a major component is how this visualizations affects your state in amazing ways. 

Yeah. I am not really sure what it is. I am just really open to it being a thing. I feel like when we raise our vibration, we get more in tune with the natural rhythms in nature. 

21 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Don't get so soaked in ideas like law of attraction and so forth. 

Haha. Don´t I smell some resistance here ? To be honest, I also think law of attraction sounds pretty unlikely and too good to be true. It can also sounds like wishful thinking. I have been very skeptical. But I have also been very skeptical about healing, energy work etc - which I have a direct experience of working.

Law of attraction has worked wonders for me. At the same time as I am logical and analytic, I am also very pragmatic. If something does seem to work, I don't question it - I use it for what its worth. For example, if placebo works as a good intervention for a medical problem, I don't see why it can't be used as treatment. Psychological studies have also shown that self-fulfilling prophecies is a real thing - but they just explain it away in a logical manner. They have also shown in studies that if a teacher is treating a student like a smart person, that person will perform better than the students that a is treated like normal or dumb.

And like I said earlier, I think law of attraction is limited. I don't think that if I script that the earth is flat, then suddenly it will become flat.

Why can't thoughts affect the probability that something happening? What I have also experienced is that if I have resistance to something, that will become a bigger problem than if I didn't have the same resistance.

1 hour ago, framu said:

Yeah. I am not really sure what it is. I am just really open to it being a thing. I feel like when we raise our vibration, we get more in tune with the natural rhythms in nature. 

Haha. Don´t I smell some resistance here ? To be honest, I also think law of attraction sounds pretty unlikely and too good to be true. It can also sounds like wishful thinking. I have been very skeptical. But I have also been very skeptical about healing, energy work etc - which I have a direct experience of working.

Law of attraction has worked wonders for me. At the same time as I am logical and analytic, I am also very pragmatic. If something does seem to work, I don't question it - I use it for what its worth. For example, if placebo works as a good intervention for a medical problem, I don't see why it can't be used as treatment. Psychological studies have also shown that self-fulfilling prophecies is a real thing - but they just explain it away in a logical manner. They have also shown in studies that if a teacher is treating a student like a smart person, that person will perform better than the students that a is treated like normal or dumb.

And like I said earlier, I think law of attraction is limited. I don't think that if I script that the earth is flat, then suddenly it will become flat.

Why can't thoughts affect the probability that something happening? What I have also experienced is that if I have resistance to something, that will become a bigger problem than if I didn't have the same resistance.

Don't misunderstand me, i've studied teachings of esther hicks and darryl anka, the channel for bashar, for a pretty long time, and i think law of attraction, if we understand it correctly, is more fundamental even than the law of gravity. 

But my problem is with many law of attraction teachers, instead of with the teaching itself, in that they mostly focus on trying to create reality from their ego mind level, instead of realizing that the ego mind is just the false self and learn to truly surrender to the true deeper self. 

On 11.8.2023 at 1:31 PM, Vibroverse said:

Don't misunderstand me, i've studied teachings of esther hicks and darryl anka, the channel for bashar, for a pretty long time, and i think law of attraction, if we understand it correctly, is more fundamental even than the law of gravity. 

But my problem is with many law of attraction teachers, instead of with the teaching itself, in that they mostly focus on trying to create reality from their ego mind level, instead of realizing that the ego mind is just the false self and learn to truly surrender to the true deeper self. 

Haha. I think you are speaking a bit above my head with regards to Darryl anka and Bashar? 

But for the purpose of total practicality, most people on earth today are not spiritual seekers. With this assumption I think that law of attraction can be used in an egoic way to better the lives of human kind. And it´s more simple than externally motivating other people to take on spiritual practices. For example praying (or using law of attraction in an egoic way) to get money, stop hunger, living peacefully etc could be good for humanity. This was the insight I got coming down from that trip I was talking about - that Muhammad and Jesus understood this and thus preaching prayer as a way of law of attraction.

What do you think about this?

1 hour ago, framu said:

Haha. I think you are speaking a bit above my head with regards to Darryl anka and Bashar? 

But for the purpose of total practicality, most people on earth today are not spiritual seekers. With this assumption I think that law of attraction can be used in an egoic way to better the lives of human kind. And it´s more simple than externally motivating other people to take on spiritual practices. For example praying (or using law of attraction in an egoic way) to get money, stop hunger, living peacefully etc could be good for humanity. This was the insight I got coming down from that trip I was talking about - that Muhammad and Jesus understood this and thus preaching prayer as a way of law of attraction.

What do you think about this?

Yeah, both Mohammad and Jesus said many things that can be interpreted as some form of law of attraction. You can see many quotes from other spiritual and religious leaders, and beings, also. 

However, the main message in those wisdom teachings has mostly been about surrendering your will to the will of God. And, sure, when you understand that reality has a mental nature, at least to some extent, even if you may not believe that it is totally mental, then it might, possibly, be logical to say that your thoughts have some influence on your reality. 

However, we often do not have that much power over reality as our human ego selves. You hardly can break the laws of physics, for instance, and if you do so, even if to a very slight degree, then you will consider it to be something miraculous. Reality has a very strong inbuilt structure to it, even if it might possibly be a mental structure, at a deeper analysis, you know. 

4 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Yeah, both Mohammad and Jesus said many things that can be interpreted as some form of law of attraction. You can see many quotes from other spiritual and religious leaders, and beings, also. 

However, the main message in those wisdom teachings has mostly been about surrendering your will to the will of God. And, sure, when you understand that reality has a mental nature, at least to some extent, even if you may not believe that it is totally mental, then it might, possibly, be logical to say that your thoughts have some influence on your reality. 

However, we often do not have that much power over reality as our human ego selves. You hardly can break the laws of physics, for instance, and if you do so, even if to a very slight degree, then you will consider it to be something miraculous. Reality has a very strong inbuilt structure to it, even if it might possibly be a mental structure, at a deeper analysis, you know. 

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I totally agree with the strong inbuilt structure you are mentioning.

One thing I feel is really relevant is that if somebody who is sceptical to some miraculous or mystical event that contradicts physics and logic, then that particular outcome will not manifest in reality because all of the observers (or most of the observers) need to be open to the idea that it could work. This is probably stretching it a bit far, but with the example of Jesus walking on water or Moses opening the Red Sea, I could see that potentially being a real manifestation because the observers at that time was open to Jesus or Moses being capable of doing remarkable things that contradicted their worldview. With todays science, people are bought into the idea that reality is "material" following strict physical rules which cannot be broken. Hence walking on water would not be possible because people couldn't in their wildest fantasy believe that it was real.

But if you think that law of attraction is a universal truth about the universe, do you use it for any practical manner? And if so, how?

I’ve been using chat gpt to make a rough outline of a story about a hero named Xian. today I was at a lunch party and met a woman with a baby named Zian, a name derived from the Chinese Xian.

I’ve never met anyone named Xian or Zian before, it was pretty interesting.

Edited by Oppositionless

2 hours ago, Oppositionless said:

I’ve been using chat gpt to make a rough outline of a story about a hero named Xian. today I was at lunch and met a woman with a baby named Zian, a name derived from the Chinese Xian.

I’ve never met anyone mamed Xian or Zian before, it was pretty interesting.

Maybe chatgpt is some sort of an antenna that receives from other realities, huh ?

2 hours ago, framu said:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I totally agree with the strong inbuilt structure you are mentioning.

One thing I feel is really relevant is that if somebody who is sceptical to some miraculous or mystical event that contradicts physics and logic, then that particular outcome will not manifest in reality because all of the observers (or most of the observers) need to be open to the idea that it could work. This is probably stretching it a bit far, but with the example of Jesus walking on water or Moses opening the Red Sea, I could see that potentially being a real manifestation because the observers at that time was open to Jesus or Moses being capable of doing remarkable things that contradicted their worldview. With todays science, people are bought into the idea that reality is "material" following strict physical rules which cannot be broken. Hence walking on water would not be possible because people couldn't in their wildest fantasy believe that it was real.

But if you think that law of attraction is a universal truth about the universe, do you use it for any practical manner? And if so, how?

Yeah, i agree with you pretty much about that. In their era, if they really lived, miracles were something people believed to be real and even normal. They were not fed with the ideas of materialistic science and philosophy. 

And about your question about what i do with the law of attraction, i actually don't see myself as a creator, instead i see myself more as a tuner and receiver. I'm not trying to imagine or visualize what i want into being, because i've discovered that it often backfires on me. 

Instead i'm trying to follow more of a receptive path, so to speak, where i quite my mind as much as i can, and try to allow myself to receive thoughts, ideas and inspirations. I'm more of a follower of wu wei, the effortless effort, in that sense. 

2 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Maybe chatgpt is some sort of an antenna that receives from other realities, huh ?

I think so ?