PetarKa

Is One Born With His Life Purpose?

4 posts in this topic

Just from the name (Life Purpose) you get a feel that it's something you were destined to be, that it was God-given to you from your birth. I used to think that it was something that already existed and I just had to discover it. But in my experience, doing a lot of introspection and experimenting, I'm starting to see that:

1. One can have multiple Life Purposes. I find physics and math fascinating, but on the other hand, I also like to think deeply about the world, I even have a desire to travel and discover new beautiful places, and I also find drumming and rhythm really interesting, and who knows maybe there are hundreds of other things I love to do but haven't thought of or haven't yet come into contact with them.
  2. You can cultivate a passion from scratch. I find that if I ask myself "What is beautiful about this? In what way am I passionate about this?", I start to see it in new different ways. I start to like it and maybe even love it! It's kind of freaky... Though I'm not 100% certain about this.
  3. I'm also not 100% certain about this either, but I it seems that your passions and values change over time. They morph and evolve into new creatures, new muses. What I found valuable 10 ya is not what I find valuable today. And this is kind of a paradox: If your passions change over time then how can you ever have a Life Purpose in your life?

What do you guys think?

I'd say look at it this way, maybe it was given to you at birth.

It's still something you manage to understand only after you go through life and a lot of emotional labor. 

Take into consideration also that an LP can be something more abstract than fields of study. E.g. physics + maths + IT => enigineering + medicine + chemistry => bioengineering , and even that is just a medium for an LP not really the LP itself.

When you are born you don't even know what anything is so I doubt it is given to you on birth.  DNA might play some role in what you might want later on, but then again there has been no findings of DNA to make this guy a better mechanic as it's all taught.

I've thought about this a lot. I conclude that somewhere there is some entity that is aware it took 15 billion years for me to be this, and I bet that entity laughs at how sweet and innocent I am, that I wonder if I have a 'purpose'. I believe, rather, that we have free will. I think my purpose is to be, to breath, to experience this, and to experience anything, 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE