jimwell

Romance with Existence at Night

7 posts in this topic

I feel compelled to capture something mundane but also spiritual via words. I alternated between walking and running for 1.5 hours along a concrete walking path, which was adorned by a row of trees, plants, and flowers. I do it every 2 or 3 days, usually at night.

My solitude, and the silence and darkness of the night made me feel the mystery and sacredness of existence. When I was walking, I observed the beauty which surrounded me. I also contemplated my life. I was repulsed by my horrible past. But I also felt a deep appreciation of the current, premium version of myself; and the things I did my entire adult life to materialize it.

When I was running, I felt good, appreciating my body's strength and health. I also marveled at the intelligence my human body possesses to be able to perform such activities. I used to take these things for granted, especially when I was young and foolish.

I stopped from time to time to admire the silhouette of a nearby hill, a tree which stood out from the others, and an old electrical post. These "ordinary" things felt similar to gifts from God. I felt overwhelmed with gratitude.

Every moment of my spiritual walk and run was magical and mysterious. And I cherished the privilege of existence. For 1.5 hours, I immersed myself in bliss, except for the moment I revisited my painful memories of an ugly childhood and teenage years.

Then I felt elation when I realized that my spiritual walk and run are an all-in-one package. It relieves me from mental-emotional and bodily stress, enables me to generate new insights, keeps my body healthy and strong, fills me with gratitude and joy, and enables me to experience spirituality in action.

Life is a nightmare. But my spiritual walk and run significantly make life worth living. It's as satisfying as spiritually fucking my concubines. All the problems and dissatisfaction don't matter during those moments. It's an oasis of serenity amidst the chaos. It's not just a mere walk and run. It's a celebration of life, a sacred communion with existence.

I crafted this post not only to honor and immortalize the magical experience via encapsulating it in words, but also to ignite inspiration in others.

Edited by jimwell
simplified the title

Very nice :x

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 7/26/2023 at 3:17 PM, jimwell said:

It's an oasis of serenity amidst the chaos. 

My girlfriend’s name is serenity, so that’s perfect !

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

13 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Very nice :x

:)

13 hours ago, Yimpa said:

My girlfriend’s name is serenity, so that’s perfect !

xD

I hope Serenity can be your oasis of serenity amidst the chaos.

28 minutes ago, jimwell said:

I hope Serenity can be your oasis of serenity amidst the chaos.

Thank you, Jim.  

41 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Thank you, Jim.  

My pleasure. 

But don't tell me you and @Yimpa are the same person. :D  

Dude great articulation, nice job.

You found the thing that I'm looking for.

I'm striving to find that activites that I deeply enjoy doing for it's own sake, not as a means to another end.