StarStruck

Learning

6 posts in this topic

Learning can be taught from books. Everybody learns differently but there are overarching principles. It is crazy how it works. I wish I knew this when I was 18. So much potential lost. 

Interesting, what are the sources/books that made a difference for you?

10 minutes ago, Cireeric said:

Interesting, what are the sources/books that made a difference for you?

Experience trumps book knowledge. Try a lot of different hobbies. If you really want a book look into pragmatic thinking and learning by Andy Hunt. 

Dude makes a post about how books are awesome but then tells people not to read them lol 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Lots of people don't even have the energy to learn properly. They have the technique down, they know what to learn, and they have the ways to learn, but they can't stay consistent because they don't have the energy to.

Lots of people are dealing this basic problem of energy. So if any of you are considering doing deep learning in a field make sure you have a good amount of baseline energy. I for sure struggled with this and didn't think having a good sleep schedule, exercise etc. mattered for learning. But they make a big difference in how energetic and alert you feel, which directly translates to how much you learn and retain.