ivankiss

You're a selfish fuck. And that's ok.

25 posts in this topic

To be human is to be selfish. There's no way around it. If you consider yourself a separate being, then you have no choice but to be selfish. Even if you are helping people, you are doing it because it makes YOU feel good about yourself. God is SELFLESS because it has NO SELF. It is everything. Now, how you define "selfish", is up to you. People define it differently. That's where the controversy lies. @Lila9 you make a good point; but have you considered they only care about those things because it makes them feel good. It's still about them. Survival of the Self = Selfishness. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

On 7/20/2023 at 6:22 AM, ivankiss said:

They're helping you to fulfill your desire of helping others, they're giving you an opportunity to step into that role of a hero, a saviour, that you most like really wanna play, underneath it all. You like the position that puts you in, don't you? It's incredibly selfish. You know it is.

This might be true for the majority of people, but I don't think it's a given in every scenario. I'd rather help someone behind closed doors than have a bunch of people know. I wouldn't wanna be seen as the hero or the savior. If I could wave a magic wand from my room and give everyone the love, peace, and stability they deserve I would. And no one would ever know. I'm a little less sad when I see some random person happy and smiling, and that has 0 to do with me. How am I selfish there?

You're playing mind games. Of course you could say "people being happy and a peaceful world make YOU feel good", and that's true, but it's also true that there are many many things I dislike about people, that I'm more than OK with disliking as long as that makes THEM happy and it's not hurting anybody. You can't be 100% selfless because it's not in the code of biological beings wired for survival, there's simply no such thing as a human.

@ivankiss and ungrateful. Comically ungrateful if you think about it. Not trying to be negative, just being real.

39 minutes ago, ryandesreu said:

@ivankiss and ungrateful. Comically ungrateful if you think about it. Not trying to be negative, just being real.

I moved my bed a few feet from the wall today. I made an unintentional discover by doing that… I discovered that I can now stretch both my arms out fully. I was very thankful for this random discovery!

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

Selfishness is Love, believe it or not. 

GOD loves selfishness. GOD loves all of itself, including selfishness. What else were you expecting? :D

(now go back to working on being more selfless!)

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT