integral

The Closer you are on the Schizophrenia Spectrum the Harder it is to see Simplicity

24 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Autism has nothing to do with schizophrenia. Schizophrenia has nothing to do with a simple view of life or not. Besides, that doesn't mean anything.

"Psychosis and autism as diametrical disorders of the social brain". Bernard Crespi, Christopher Badcock. Behavioral and brain sciences 31(3), 241-261, 2008.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=no&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=autism+psychosis+spectrum&oq=autism-psychosis#d=gs_qabs&t=1689416439830&u=%23p%3DURfcprLvG-QJ

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard is it possible for a person to become schizophrenic after extended use of psychedelics? 

You should seek to transcend the limitations of the ego and the mind in order to experience a sense of unity with the universe or ultimate reality. You can do meditation,sef inquiry and contemplating for that. To recognize the underlying oneness that is believed to exist beyond the realm of dualistic perception.

25 minutes ago, Enlightement said:

@Carl-Richard is it possible for a person to become schizophrenic after extended use of psychedelics? 

Schizophrenia develops due to a confluence of environmental and genetic factors. Psychedelics may serve as an environmental stressor that can trigger the development of schizophrenia, but that doesn't mean that everybody who does psychedelics will develop schizophrenia. If that was the case, Leo would be schizophrenic by now, but he is not. People with schizophrenia (the psychiatric diagnosis) have severe problems with logical thinking and general daily functioning. You can also talk about schizophrenia as a dispositional trait (not the psychiatric diagnosis), where you have varying degrees of schizophrenic-like traits, but not necessarily severe problems with daily functioning, and this relates to the autism-psychosis spectrum in the paper that I linked in the previous post.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Enlightement What i mean by simplicity is ones ability to narrow down and make sense of complexity. The more complexity your able to resolve in ones mind the simpler it all gets. A schizo struggles to narrow down the complexity and cant bring it all together, they get stuck building it up adding more complexity on top of what is already a model that is unorganized or unprocessed.

Someone can have a mind that floods them with many connections or a mind that makes very few connections. In both cases what determines simplicity is how effective one is at simplifying the complexity by processing it and bringing it all together. A schizo has a mind that generates many connections with very poor capacity to process it into a coherent model or reality. While autism is really really good at narrowing down complexity into coherence.

The average person is somewhere in the middle they are average at connection making and average at processing it. 

What you said earlier that when your calm things feel simple and when your stressed things feel chaotic is a good example of this, when calm complexity is processed efficiently while stressed ones ability to do so is compromised. Also the type of connections being made changes (baised).

To see the simplicity of life the complexity needs to be processed wisely, that usually ends up involving deconstruction at the higher stages and what you get is an experience of profound simplicity all possible by infinite complexity. 

Simplicity is complexity in coherence. When you finally grasp some hard topic youve been working on for a while suddenly its so simple! 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?