StarStruck

Finding a company name

5 posts in this topic

How the f do you find a good company name? All the good names are already taken and most company names are just derivatives of other names. I wonder how things will work out in 50-100 years when all names possible will be generated by AI. Especially in the last 20-30 years small businesses has exploded. Everybody with working brain has a company and I think small businesses will only be more widespread in the near future so this company name thing will become a problem and people will need to use numbers and shit in their company names. Luckily I already found a good company name, I just had to give it some time and practice some lateral thinking but I'm curious how you guys found your company name?

Personal branding! 
No company, yet 

Sounds like a question for Chat GPT ?

Lot of people choose to associate it with their name, I don't particularly like that but i have a bad reasonating name, maybe yours would work. Like "name surname + name of the industry. In my industry for example it usually goes like Jame Smith Nutrition or Jane Smith Holistic Wellbeing... something like that.

Name can associate with what you do but doesn't have to. It can be totally random word or set of words or if you are very creative it can be pretty cool, catchy and easily pronounced like BrewDog or Nike.

But I wouldn't get paralyzed on this. Settle for something decent and go with it. You'll get used to the way it sounds and over time it'll just become the thing. There are more important things to focus on and a biz owner.

Good luck

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus