LoneWonderer

What has taking 5 meo dmt taught you? How has your life changed?

5 posts in this topic

Hey so I'm 24 and before the age of 30 I want to take Ayahuasca and 5 meo dmt. I just want to know what other people's experiences have been like and if it is worth for me to take it at such a young age? Note by then I'll probably have the survival basics covered.

I believe there are trip reports you could read about it here

3 hours ago, LoneWonderer said:

Hey so I'm 24 and before the age of 30 I want to take Ayahuasca and 5 meo dmt. I just want to know what other people's experiences have been like and if it is worth for me to take it at such a young age? Note by then I'll probably have the survival basics covered.

Hi lonewanderer.

I decided to take 5MeO ( Bufo) in 2020.age 37

I had never heard of psychedelics and drugs were a big no no at the time. I had embarked on finding out how to discern truth ( from the point of view about winning an argument about the non existence of god with a Christian). Ironically I ended up dissolving my reality during a meditation and came face to face with ‘infinity’. I had heard Leo talking about 5MeO on his videos while I was looking at them from a philosophy 101 perspective and so I went and read about what other people were saying about the drug. That it could induce the experience of no self and a state of awareness prior to reality. And so I tried it to make the comparison with my natural experience. With the exception of the intense energy, the experience was the same. Near death, no body, no perception, just a swirl of being nothingness.

I had done a lot of contemplation and intellectual deconstruction before ever taking any psychedelic so I was able to observe without getting caught up in it. It is very intense especially for a first time psychedelic experience. In order to take it I had to go to an ayahuasca ceremony which I had no interest in. The ayahuasca didn’t really do anything for me but opened up a connection with other people. I’ve done 5MeO four times and I really don’t get anything from it other than this state.

everyone’s preferred medicine or tool is different. I do a lot of my contemplation work with mushrooms and if I want to go further into the god head… strangely it is cannabis that does it for me ( only done it twice but most profound realisations have come from that)

I can’t advise for or against other than to be careful as Bufo doses too high can be dangerous.

if I’m talking to someone who’s curious about psychedelics I usually say to start with a low dose of mushrooms while being supervised by an experienced sitter just so you can learn to navigate the space comfortably.

51 minutes ago, LoneWonderer said:

@Adrian colby thank you for your story it was a very interesting read. ?

Good luck with your decision whatever it might be or whatever form it takes. Even if it doesn’t work out as you expect it, use the experience as part of a learning process. ❤️