caesar13

Like and Not Like Consciousness Work

3 posts in this topic

These days I was reading "The Power of Not knowing" book and watching videos of Peter Ralston's (used to, and still watching Leo's content since years) but at certain times I feel like I am wasting time. At the same time I feel that not investing time studying things like these would make me lose touch with myself and I'd, probably, end up chasing material possessions and money all my life, and this void I feel would never leave me.

To some extent, I so feel at this moment too, that investing time in personal development and contemplation work I feel "pleasure". Yes, that's right. I feel pleasure. When there's something troubling me mentally and when eventually I sit down, contemplate, and suddenly a thought (or insight, I don't know what to call it) comes and some realization occurs, and this thing that's troubling me for sometime would simply vanish. Ah, that moment, the contentedness I feel is something I am always after.

So I now realize, as I am typing this, that I like and not like a thing at the same time? How is that possible?

Have been reading Peter Ralston's book, and something in me is resonating with what he says, but this feeling that I am I might be wasting time instead of learning things that would help me at work is troubling me.

Why would that be. If you adopt a mindset of Not knowing, it means you are humble and constantly curious for new knowledge so you will definitely be learning things.

It means you let go of some ego of how good you are and are constantly learning.

Edited by hyruga

12 hours ago, caesar13 said:

and this void I feel would never leave me.

So you fill the void with knowledge?

Keep asking yourself; Why do you have a void?  What are you hiding from yourself? When you have your answer, follow through with it. Make it happen.

Spirituality is getting shit done.

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches.