WisdomInBooks

How important are quotes

25 posts in this topic

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. Bartlett's Familiar Quotations is an admirable work, and I studied it intently. The quotations when engraved upon the memory give you good thoughts. They also make you anxious to read the authors and look for more.

~ Sir Winston Churchill, 

Considering decreasing attention spans these days, as well as low literacy levels around the world, quotes can be a major resource for educators and educational purposes, imho. 

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

"Don't ask if you don't want to know." -Some Asshole.

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

5 minutes ago, Ajax said:

"Don't ask if you don't want to know." -Some Asshole.

''You can also ask an asshole if you don't want to know" - Princess Arabia.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

xDxDxDxDxD

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

"If you got some fruit to share with me.... Just give me the damn fruit... Not all the shit that comes with it. " -S.A.