Something Funny

Can One Meal A Day Work In The Long Term?

11 posts in this topic

I feel like eating only once per day might be an ideal option for me.

1. It saves a ton of time and hustle, and turns eating food into almost a ritual like a meditation, which allows you to approach your eating session with full consciousness and attention. Prepare something nice, serve the dinner properly, eat calmly, clean up after yourself. Quality over quantity.

2. I feel like it would solve my struggles with constant snacking, binge eating, overeating, etc.

3. It allows me to focus on doing other things instead of constantly thinking about food.

4. I feel amazing when I have an empty stomach and it's not bothering me. I often struggle with accommodating both eating and working out in my day because I feel like I am constantly too full to exercise.

My only concern is health. Is it really healthy, especially in the long term. Can I get all the nutrients that I need while eating just one meal per day? Can I do that as a vegan?

I've adhered to OMAD in the past for approximately 2 years, mostly vegetarian, but there was a purely vegan period - and it worked just fine; now it's either 2 meals or 1 + some fruits instead of a lunch (I never eat breakfast). The only potential downside I see is that OMAD can conflict with your workout schedule - I hear that the common advice is to load up after the training; but I don't work out, so. Other than that, yeah, exactly like you said: lightness, clarity and focus most of the day. You don't have to adhere to OMAD schedule religiously to benefit from it.

@WeCome1 thanks for sharing this is very encouraging.

How much calories do you consume per day? What would a 2000+ calories vegan meal look like?

I workout, but I don't care about gaining mass, just strength.

Seems complicated on a vegan diet unless your caloric needs are quite low or you have a big appetite. That said, I see plenty of examples of people succeeding in this.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

25 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Seems complicated on a vegan diet unless your caloric needs are quite low or you have a big appetite.

Nah, it really isn't, I just bought a Vedic cookbook from local Krishnaites and experimented with replacing/removing the diary products; that, and the supplements. Never ever felt unsatiated or lacking energy. Then again, people tend to say that I eat "too little", oh well, people say a lot of things.

28 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

How much calories do you consume per day?

Cronometer averaged at about 2200 Kcal, but that was only a month or so worth of data, so I'm not sure if it's representative in any way. I was mostly concerned with aminoacids and minerals as a beginner vegan enthusiast.

28 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

What would a 2000+ calories vegan meal look like?

I don't know what to say, man. I mean, it's usually something like 40% carbs (potatoes, pasta, rice etc) + 30% some kind of a stew with legumes and what not + 30% fresh salad. I can thoroughly recommend the cookbook, though - Krishnaites know what they're doing when it comes to healthy and delicious cooking: Адираджа Дас - Ведическое Кулинарное Искусство; it's available to download for free online.

I'd like to once again stress the importance of not being fanatical about your eating schedule (or even strict veganism from the very start, but that's a whole another can of worms). If 1 meal seems to not be working, 2 smaller ones with a 4h interval are still pretty good.

Edited by WeCome1

14 minutes ago, WeCome1 said:

. I can thoroughly recommend the cookbook, though - Krishnaites know what they're doing when it comes to healthy and delicious cooking: Адираджа Дас - Ведическое Кулинарное Искусство; it's available to download for free online.

Thank you. I will check it out.

@Phil King thabks for sharing )

I am sick of diet and nutrition youtube. It's full of stupid 10 minute long clickbait videos and weird vlogs. Is there any channel that simply provides a good quality educational information on this topic?

@Judy2 well, I am trying it. But right now I am just doing it and eating whatever. I need to find some information on how to do it properly. Specifically, how to plan my meals so that I have enough of everything.