Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eTorro

David R. Hawkins Stunns Me

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm reading Reality, Spirituality, and Modern Man by David R. Hawkins.

Here's a startling quote I've found:

Paradoxically, in the meantime, the basic structure of society is actually being held together by the pragmatism of economics, industry, business, and corporate function (cal. 350 to 380 on the map of consciousness), further reinforced by accountability, legal structure, rationality, and responsibility. It is now Wal-Mart that actually supplies disaster areas with survival supplies while the government bureaucracies fumble and bumble via bureaucratic political power struggles.

Any thoughts? B|

Edited by eTorro
I had to add a question to stimulate engagement with this topic.

One thing I've learned about these self help authors is they all take their stuff from earlier material.  This includes Hawkins and his scale of consciousness which is derived from earlier work. There's nothing wrong with taking past work and improving upon it but it's often interesting to go back to try to trace the earliest works that have modern usefulness.  I find "How to win friends and influence people" to be invaluable, but there was also the Master Key System which was released 100 years ago and is what The Secret was based on.

It would be interesting to trace back the tree of personal development to it's earliest beginnings. I know we have Buddhist teachings which managed to be preserved and the like. :)  I've never really gotten into his muscle testing to use to calibrate things. Personally I don't believe in it's validity. The ego of the participant would cloud the results.

Edited by sholomar

he's the best ... lots of clips of him on youtube ... all his books are worth the time too

Love is truly all that exists ...

karma.jpg

Edited by gettoefl

@sholomar you are correct. 

I muscle test and have dealt with bodily reversal of answers, egoic interference of answers , and I believe there can be satanic influence of answers as well. 

There is not really a guide book on this as far as I know, regarding all of the nuances of muscle testing. 

It's something I've kind of had to figure out through experience and trial and error but you don't know how much my life changed because of muscle testing and connection with the divine. 

It saved my life.