Princess Arabia

Your take on Bernado Kastrop

7 posts in this topic

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bernardo+kastrup&form=HDRSC3&first=1

Anybody here familiar with Bernardo Kastrup and his philosophical ideas or has read any of his books? Just saw him in an interview and found him interesting. I've heard his name before but never listened to him speak. He said some things that really opened my eyes, and it was quite an interesting interview. I was curious what most of the more philosophical members here thought about his philosophy and world view and is he highly respected in his field of expertise. He seemed very humble and likeable and seems to have an established audience. Would like to know what you think about him. Anybody.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

17 hours ago, thepixelmonk said:

Bernardo is great! Love most of his interviews.

Thanks for your feedback.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

17 minutes ago, Enlightement said:

He is excellent and you're excellent too. 

Aww...thank you, so are you. I've been watching him lately and find his views interesting and enlightening.

He helped me so much with re-integrating my rational and scientific mind after my mystical experiences. Questions like "if consciousness is not made by the brain, then what does the brain do?", or making fine distinctions between things like perception and consciousness, etc. His work is very useful.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

10 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

He helped me so much with re-integrating my rational and scientifc mind after my mystical experiences. Questions like "if consciousness is not made by the brain, then what does the brain do?", or making fine distinctions between things like perception and consciousness, etc. His work is very useful.

Thanks for your input. People like him is what's needed in the scientific community to open their minds to the unquantifiable nature of Consciousness.