BojackHorseman

Questions about transexuality/LGBT. General and personal

23 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Adrian colby said:

There was no way I could have done this several years ago as I was much too angry/triggered/offended. I understand how those “triggered” people feel but I also now know the point that they’re missing

Great information and thank you for the video.

Regarding this in particular, I often find it difficult to understand why people get so furious about what to me just seems like clear logical facts. Do you know why you used to feel so angered/offended?

3 hours ago, OldManCorcoran said:

Great information and thank you for the video.

Regarding this in particular, I often find it difficult to understand why people get so furious about what to me just seems like clear logical facts. Do you know why you used to feel so angered/offended?

Yes. It’s like being stuck inside a costume where no one can see you. No one sees you, hears you or acknowledges your existence. They interact with the appearance of the costume and project onto it according to what they believe to be correct. Until I was able to fully express through the body, let’s say going from awareness to conscious to matter to identity and final expression and interaction ( changing my body and appearance till the outside could ‘see’ me as I was. Telling me I was wrong for being as I was, was seen as a form of denial and oppression. The frustration and anger came from the egos self preservation once the identity was able to express and it would get into a habit of immediate anger over the assumption that even a simple question was a denial of my expression. ( when I realised my own thoughts were interpreting the situation wrong, I stopped attaching so rigidly to the identity and trying to insist on its acceptance because it was already outwardly changed and people didn’t know any different unless I told them, again telling people was a lack of confidence and attempt to continue trying to justify my existence) I was never a part of the lgbtq so I escaped the conformity to that cultural identity. That collective ego system does the same thing. It starts off with good intentions advocating for acceptance but because the behavior of defensiveness has become a habit, once the desired is achieved, the behaviour continues as part of the collective personality or ego trying to preserve and justify itself when there is no longer a need. The anger itself starts obviously when a person is dismissed, threatened or afraid. 

@OldManCorcoran I also beared the brunt of anger from the trans support group my doctor put me in touch with when I started asking questions myself and trying to figure out the gutts of the condition. Needless to say I got called an asshole, trailer and transphobe and was kicked out of the group for refusing to conform and go along with what is called ‘cis’ bashing( where gender variant trash talk ‘normal’ people to the point it creates a culture of hatred).