Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkKol

Is this the perfect diet?

2 posts in this topic

Tell me if I'm thinking too myopically about health but, from what I've seen / heard / read. I should be eating lots of uncooked vegetables.

Which is good! Because I like them!

So what's preventing me from literally making a big salad every single day?

In my mind this makes no sense because there's only so many vegetables (especially the ones that you can eat uncooked) that you can put on a plate that a grocery store offers. I can make a big salad, but I'm still going to be eating the same things every few days, if not everyday. Last time I checked diet variety matters as well. I guess the main question here is: how many salad variations can you truly make? Does variety matter when you're eating the healthiest food possible?

Of course nobody in their right mind would only eat salads, you can add fruits, meats and grains for their own reasons. But should we be eating a salad everyday?

Salad = A plate with lots of vegetables. Soup = A salad with water

I'm being devil's advocate here. I don't really understand the topic.

Spring-Mix-Salads-600x600.jpg

@Michael569 @integral @Leo Gura

I think you just need more recipes. Vegetables do not diminish in quality by being cooked or fried. The nutrient loss is negligible if you eat plenty of them.

Think: soups, stews, curries, chillies, meat/tofu/lentil dishes of all sorts. Vegetables can be used in 100 different ways and the combinations are endless.

Get yourself one or two cookbooks from a library and start experimenting ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus