Buck Edwards

How to mix spirituality and personal development?

7 posts in this topic

I don't know. Not much meat to chew on. I feel like I forget pd whenever I'm interested in spirituality. It's a tough balance. I can get carried away quickly. It's like a whiff. Then gone. I keep alternating. My memory does f help either. To find the perfect blend. Where everything meets and becomes wholesome. 

By the way I speak too much metaphorically, I hate it. 

Regards 

Enli. 

Edited by Enlightement

Spirituality is about easing your suffering and healing old scars incurred from past/childhood trauma.

Personal development is about finding new, more functional methods of coping with every day challenges and discovering a higher purpose.

While you can mix and match the two, you can choose to focus on one over the other depending on what you feel is currently best for you.

The way I see it, personal development is about mastering life and spirituality is about transcending life. They go hand in hand, but one after another, not at once. All of my huge leaps of spiritual problems came when I let go of personal development for a while. 
Life is the human character playing games. There are lots of games you can play, personal development is going to give you the foundations to engage the different games of life in a masterful way, avoid the traps and learn from your mistakes, help you see the rules of the different games. Personal development is about going all the way though the different avenues of life - health, socialization, money, relationships, life purpose. 
Personal development is the game of games. Spirituality is the game to end all games. It's the end game. It's also the main quest in a way. 
If you want to go all the way, you'll have to drop all goals, desires, attachments, biases, preferences, all your relationships will get recontextualized inside out, all of your passions will be questioned to the ultimate extent, everything you work so hard to master during personal development will be exposed as power games of survival. At some point the structure expands so much the content has the opposite meaning. 
That's how I have done it anyway... I stop deconstructing and focus on life, I start deconstructing so I can beyond life, then the cycle repeats.

1 hour ago, Enlightement said:

I don't know. Not much meat to chew on. I feel like I forget pd whenever I'm interested in spirituality. It's a tough balance. I can get carried away quickly. It's like a whiff. Then gone. I keep alternating. My memory does f help either. To find the perfect blend. Where everything meets and becomes wholesome. 

By the way I speak too much metaphorically, I hate it. 

Spiritual practices like early morning and evening meditation sessions can bring clarity of mind, creativity and high energy levels necessary for high productivity in professional and personal lives. Some use hatha yoga or tai chi for similar results.

Personally, I have noticed that good early morning meditations bring an auspicious hue to the whole day, and I don't have much issues and problems during work, compared to days when I have not performed such meditation. 

Going to the beach and nature hikes also help increase prana or energy levels within myself, helping to replace dullness and apathy with joy and enthusiasm.

I have learnt from spiritual masters on doing  a self-audit each day or night to keep away from vice and adhere to virtuous conduct or good values in social dealings, which gives me a clean conscience and peace of mind.

Whenever I commit a wrong, I punish myself with a fast or abstain from a daily treat to impress the issue in my memory so as not to perform the flaw the next time around. This kind of self-audit and penance has helped in my professional and personal life.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

work your mind out close your eyes and pretend you are climbing a ladder rung by rung

and do it for as long as possible you will find you get stuck and cant move anymore just sit there and keep trying to climb