Buck Edwards

Trauma healing

3 posts in this topic

Not wanting to delve into spiritual bypassing. But trauma healing is an essential first step towards your spiritual journey. Heal that inner core in you. 

I would like to share resources on trauma healing that might be useful for some. 

Keep waiting. Shalom my lovelies. :x

It's not just trauma healing let's be honest here. Most people are traumatized by events in their individual lives, so healing those would already put you above most people, but you know what? That still leaves shit thrown on you by society itself, that we consider a normal part of being human because we don't know any better. That inner strength in your gut and in your heart, and that clarity in your head, the typical society robs you of all that and promotes actions that weaken these.
Humans can be immensely strong internally, yet they are fragmented by trauma, and even when not, still not as strong as they could be. You see in stories characters with unbelievable integrity and will power... THAT'S a natural human being. THAT'S really normal. That is so rare because we do so many things in our day to day lives that weaken our hearts. I'll tell you a few insights I have gained from personal practice and exploration.

1. The power of your gut is that it eliminates procrastination, gives you energy to keep your word, and be able to carry out anything you are capable of. The gut is the seat of willpower. When properly cleared of all blockages, when properly settled into, you are not in your own way anymore. Which is what is normal for a human being. And it's sad that it isn't for most of us. When this power is there, you want to LIVE, you want to EXIST to the fullest extent of what it means to exist. When someone interacts with you, they realize you are not an NPC, you fucking exist.
  2. The power of your heart is that it eliminates all fear, gives you a sense of home within yourself, a sense of utter safety that is unrivaled by anything external. It gives you the courage to carry out the tasks that you need to. While the gut is there for actual action and consistency, the heart is there for trust and assurance to eliminate all doubt and fear from your task. It gives a certain sense of sweetness amidst all this power. If everyone and thing in the world is against you, your heart is a home you can always go to. If there is no place for you to go in the whole world, this is the place you can go to. This is the ultimate thing you can rely onto for validation and safety. The power of the heart is fucking crazy. When you actually clear this place out and live from it, you become for other people what your heart is for you. In the words of Rengoku from the anime series Demon Slayer, THIS is setting your heart ablaze. You feel certain about your actions. You have trust and faith in yourself, simply because of this power you feel in your chest.
  3. The power of the mind is that it eliminates all fog from your perception. Meaning your mind is clear and your focus is absolute. Your mind is what discerns what action it needs to perform. Your habits, patterns and ego doesn't interfere anymore with your decisions and perception. There is a natural state of no-self. You feel whole and empty in your head, you don't feel fake. Your head feels like a clear pond of water or a polished mirror with no specs on it.

The Gut makes you unstoppable, the heart makes you immovable, the mind gives you direction.
The Gut is raw power, the heart is a solid rock, the mind is clear water.
The Gut is fire, the heart is a humble mountain, the mind is a coolant for them both.

All of these work in tandem to create a human being PERFECT for survival both for his/her physical body, emotional needs and mental needs. I am serious. This is the default. Nature made us this way. Because we exist to survive on a structural level. Why would humans only be good enough to survive on a physiological level when they have other structures such as their emotions and mind in place? Wouldn't humans be built for the survival of those as well? We have the capability, it's just so fucked over by the blind society.

Look, I am not speaking out of my ass here or some book. I have learned this from my own direct experiences. It's a state which is very very powerful. It's a whole experience, not just an imagination or a feeling in your head. This is how one should be naturally! This is where spirituality REALLY begins. Up until this point you are just working to become natural. Spirituality is going beyond survival, what's natural for a human being. It's going beyond human.

@Swarnim great post. I agree, the complete purification of oneself is the beginning, not the goal. That's how we should be, but we're raised to be some kind of mentally retarded drug addict who lives in the midst of mental noise demanding to fill his need for love from other drug addicts in need of love. This is not trauma, it is madness.