integral

Late Stage Capitalism Examples Mega-Thread

6 posts in this topic

Kids For Cash - Late Stage Capitalism 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I know these are from the late 1800s Gilded Age and even a little after the turn of the 20th century, but I think they are classic reminders of examples of what happens when there's too much economic inequality, too much pollution, too much neglect for the natural environment, inadequate regulation of foods and drugs, and the people are essentially ruled by corporatocracy and plutocracy when capitalism runs amok:

download-2.jpg

tumblr_o2rp15mXSw1v8aoq9o1_1280.0.jpg

1e005a061a402004c1e0323a56e06f09acc6a2ec.jpg

harpers_graphic_21_july_1894.jpg

download-3.jpg

Sleeping-children.jpg

balt.jpg

1e005a061a402004c1e0323a56e06f09acc6a2ec.jpg

d51fbd600f3508fd1f2b3a96ad7b71d4.jpg

HaymarketRiot-Harpers.jpg

2213b01b-c088-4200-a40c-8868e3b6aa7f.jpg

download-5.jpg

beef-trust-hero.jpg

129.jpg

btjk3i1gjimb4wuvhic3.jpg

Edited by Hardkill

@Hardkill  Mind posting too many images in one post, it unnecessarily makes the post too long and takes up space. Mini example of predatory capitalism right here.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill  Mind posting too many images in one post, it unnecessarily makes the post too long and takes up space. Mini example of predatory capitalism right here.

Well, I fear that all of what I showed you could very well happen again in the future. Dark times could be coming by the time all of us are old or have already passed away.

Edited by Hardkill

People in places like Switzerland and New Zealand don't have to worry about this as much, things are coming together in most of the west. Actually in Switzerland they're even about to hit replacement level birth rates because of the way that they're handling paternity leave and things like that. Things are really shaping up there and I have high hopes for the rest of the world. I don't believe AI will do much to hurt us but rather help us and there are still going to be a lot of things we'll have left to do that the robots cannot do.