zasa joey

Please Read This.

12 posts in this topic

I have been diagnosed with GERD. does anyone experience this on forum? i feel like my life is over at the age of 19. basically, i have been suffering with heartburn for some years. i thought it was just the way it was and accepted it. turns out that this chronic heartburn over some time can cause serious complications: inflammation of the esophagus, narrowing of the esophagus which can cause difficulty swallowing and food getting stuck in the esophagus, and in rare cases esophageal cancer it causes chronic sore throat, bad breath, can cause chronic throat, even asthma and pneumonia. there is no cure for it. its a chronic condition. i wish only diet changes would be able to control symtoms and minimize damage and risk of complications, but as i am searching the internet im getting more and more depressed. people take medications for it for decades, over time even medications dont help, prolonged use can cause serious side-effects. i read that 5 to 7 percent of american population suffer from daily heartburn and also people in most cases develop it after age 50. why me? how can i cope with this? i feel devastated, im already preparing for my death. how many years will i live with this? who knows? maybe i will get esophageal cancer in 10 years? 20 years? maybe even 30. i feel like im dying, i cant sleep well anymore after diagnosis, i dont want to do anything anymore..... leo, kind people, someone. how can i cope. im suffering very much i feel like im breaking down on emotional level. 

What side do you sleep on? What's your diet like? There are plenty of ways to reduce heart burn or chronic heart burn.

From research that I've done, sleeping on your left side is more beneficial for the heart because of the blood flow. + diet wise; taking in a more alkaline foods is helpful, I find honey, specifically Manuka honey, is helpful for heartburn too.

Edited by Vintus

Suggestion for everyone here: please mind the conventionality of your responses, and think about the history behind your response, and whether you think zasa is capable of googling your response on his own, or whether you actually have something deeper to share.  Not saying your response is useless, just consider whether or not you can go deeper with it.  @zasa joey I have known someone with Crohn's disease, and honestly I think it was fucking horrible.  I am going to tell you right now, that I have seen goddamn miracles happen to this person.  There is no one on the planet with a more fucked up situation in his gut.  You will not have to suffer as much as he did because quite frankly you are already in a place where you are attracting highly conscious energy.  You are going to have to do some serious digging and experiencing of unpleasant things, but just ride it.  You do not have to dread this thing.  Use every source of healing possible, and commit to it because if you do it all at once, you're gonna burn out.  Just remember that diagnosis is just a Western Medical thing that we do so we can figure out how to treat people, but that somehow got co-opted into other weird unconscious forces.  All you have to do is be grateful of the place of awareness of this that you get to come into uniquely because of your very unique situation.  Don't be afraid to call bullshit, and also don't be afraid to try it anyways!  

54 minutes ago, zasa joey said:

i am searching the internet im getting more and more depressed

No shit, Sherlock! You've gotta look in the right places. You better not be looking on WebMD. They probably say that at your level of GERD, you'll contract five different cancers and die of a heart attack within this year. 

I have mild GERD and esophageal issues. Here's a few practical things you can do right now:

• Get professional help. Western doctor, eastern doctor, acupuncture, holistic medicine; try em all. A forum will confuse you.
  • Drink apple cider vinegar. Lots of it. Before and after meals. Put a tablespoon or two in your water. Even better, grate some ginger in there.
  • Cut out all processed foods. Buy foods only along the outer edges of the grocery store. Don't buy food in the aisles.
  • Breathe. Relax. You're still alive, so that's cool at least.

That should get you started. 

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

Start using your intuition and awareness to make food choices.  If you are eating wrong, and have been getting it wrong this whole time, the truth will eventually bubble to the surface.  If it has nothing to do with your eating habits, start learning about metaphysical causes.  Start learning about diet though first.

Edited by MissMiki

35887048-hug-pic.gif
If I were in your shoes, I would see a nutritionist and have them help you tailor a diet to suit your needs.  

@zasa joey , I've had GERD for the past 20 years, and it impacts very little on my life.

Avoid fatty/spicy foods, red meat, acidic drinks (specially cola).
Take licorice supplements before meals.
Eat several light meals throughout the day (rather than say two large ones).
Don't drink anything half hour before to three hours after meals - fluids interfere with your digestion.
Avoid all food 3-4 hours before bed.
Sleep on your left side - stomach holds food better on that side.

Finally, stop worrying - you'll be fine.

And consider changing your profile pic - I get indigestion just looking at it.

Edited by jse

You are going to be fine. Just wish for it, and wait. Just believe it and wait for it. Have a patience, very important. But while waiting, try being in the moment.  Everything happens for a reason to learn us something.    Just relax, enjoy or suffer the moment, whatever it is, it is. Get angry, sad, you have nothing to lose, to understand, to fear. The moment is the only thing that does not change, everything comes and goes with it ( inner (thoughts, feelings, emotions and outer (vision,non vision, touch perception, perspectives ). Do not associate with these perceptions. Percieve thoughts just like some outer sounds you hear (city or nature noise, birds, wind, music, saucepan) Thoughts always change but everything happens only in the moment. Can you wish not to wish ?  Just stay in the moment and watch everything. The moment I'm talking about is the moment right now, like you are just born right now, in this moment and everything which is witnessed around is changing, in the moment, like right now while you are reading this it exists only NOW, this moment. Till you are done reading only exists the moment here. You are just being, existing, in this moment. Your feeling thoughts, patterns are always slightly or rapidly changing, but only in the moment. Like right now, or now, or in this moment, oops this one, or this moment, but  this one right now is just interpratation of other moment which happens also in the moment. In this moment, right now, this one here. 

Don't panic or panic if you have to but try being as much as possible into the moment. Make a wish peacefully to the universe, whatever it is, you can want whatever you want, You WILL get it, but without trying to control or change anything in the moment, or why not try if  you feel you have to or you need to. Just feel free to do whatever you want and just watch it, the results of it in the moment. In the very moment right now.

A cousin cured his chronic acid reflux problems with fasting 2 weeks. Not sure what exactly his diagnose was. 

You can read about it as well, there is some books on how to do it right.

I guesss you stumbled upon these but anyway.

https://chriskresser.com/get-rid-of-heartburn-and-gerd-forever-in-three-simple-steps/

This book is helpful as well, it helped me cure my bad breath problems.

It is a little harsh, but what there is to loose, so why not give it a try. 

https://www.amazon.com/experience-fool-epiphany-about-glasses/dp/9549589986

Very powerful and wise book, it might be the ultimate solution for anything.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but did something similar happen?  You went to a doctor and he/she gave you some diagnose. You said okay, there is some chance the diagnose, considered authentic, to be true since you have certain symptops which respond for some name( one of the many variations of similar diagnoses) and one common of course. But question! Is the medicine, even if the best doctor was there for you 100% sure in your diagnose?  Not really, never really.  How much does he/she really knows about what's happening with your organism, how is it functioning right now and what's going on there ? Not as much as considered, indeed. Can he/she percieve what is being percieved - NO of course. Nobody knows exactly and will never know the right diagnose. There is 37 trillion cells which are always changing, co-existing and totally able to rearrange themselves in unimaginable, infinity ways. 

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,936455,00.html

http://www.thehealersjournal.com/2013/04/09/how-to-heal-anything-understanding-how-healing-works/

We don't have to always understand it. We aren't really here for the pleasure only, but to learn lessons throughout our whole life. To fix with love and compassion towards ourselves and others our karma. The toughest work goes to for the strongest.

And don't forget, THIS MOMENT. The moment you start your healing process, is the moment right now. It is always the moment right now.

Edited by Alexxx

guys thanks for your encouragement and kind words, i think my writing was stress reaction, but now i have overcome it, i feel great, i take my disease with acceptance and wont let it control my life. it gave me some insights and motivated me to live more in the moment and enjoy life while it lasts! cheers!

and also, i really want to start meditating for last two years. im now even more motivated. i watched leos last video, and started doing concentration and plan to continue it, how should i implement meditation, self-inquiry etc. advices would be appreciated

@zasa joey

I do not promise that these ideas will have real meaning. 

my ideas on immediate consideration are - 

work to find foods that do not trigger heart burn, or methods of eating patterns that reduce or do not trigger heart burn. additionally, spend time searching for lifestyle patterns that affect your gastro's reactions outside of eating, for the same purpose. 

once you find things that do work in avoiding the unwanted response - make them a part of your life. 

but then remember - that when we limit ourselves we actually damage ourselves. atrophy is dangerous. so regularly push your limits even if only slightly, or only once a week. this will hopefully train your body to be more durable. 

of course, also spend time researching your condition in the meanwhile, make sure not to discount scientific analysis and studies of the condition. but also make sure to take measures of your own actions, and be aware of them and the effects they have, in pursuit of minimizing the damage your condition brings. 

again, I do not promise that this will necessarily work, but it is the idea I have that might prove useful in finding healing. 

@see_on_see which type of meditation should i start with. mindfulness? or should i concentrate on breathing?