integral

The Ultimate Food Discovered ?

17 posts in this topic

Ive been searching for years since I started this health journey for foods the make me feel the best both physically and mentally. Finally ive found THE ONE. 

Waffles: 2-3 cups Spelt Flour + 4-6 Eggs + 2-3 cups of goat milk mixed together and cooked in a waffle cooker for 2 minutes.

Eaten in the morning the results I'm getting from this are peak mental states and physical performance that last the entire day. If eaten at night it will over stimulate the mind and make it harder to sleep. I also eat a carrot and a bell pepper in the morning.

I have sustained physical energy all day like I did as a kid, it could be the reason this works so well is its very easy to eat a lot and get enough calories. And my body does not work well fasted, It needs a constant supply of energy or else im stuck in high cortisol and drained of life waking dead style. 

I experimented on my gf with out telling her and she had the same result, she said "I feel really good today and I don't know why" cant get a better clear cut answer then that. lmao

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Nice! I love oat waffles with dark chocolate and berries

Try whole spelt porridge with some berries and nuts -  guaranteed to double that energy peak ? throw an egg in for a good measure

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 After this comment I've been searching local shops for whole spelt kernels everywhere, cant find them!! :S

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral I order these online in bulk and then mix and match in a jar. 

I usually do

• Barley
  • Buckwheat
  • Spelt (for some reason it is more expensive than all the other ones)
  • Wheat Grain
  • Sometimes amaranth or quinoa

If you can order these in bulk, that's gonna be cheaper. I do 2 kilos of each about every 4-6 months

Then i just throw in a cup in boiling water and once ready top up with whatever I have available. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

@integral I order these online in bulk and then mix and match in a jar. 

I usually do

• Barley
  • Buckwheat
  • Spelt (for some reason it is more expensive than all the other ones)
  • Wheat Grain
  • Sometimes amaranth or quinoa

If you can order these in bulk, that's gonna be cheaper. I do 2 kilos of each about every 4-6 months

Then i just throw in a cup in boiling water and once ready top up with whatever I have available. 

Do you spice them?

@Jannes when I use them for breakfast it is the same recipe as when making oatmeal (just takes longer to cook) something like the breakfast recipes in this videl I made ages ago.

When using as a main, then it depends - but yet spices are usually added depending on what meal is it (Mexican, Indian, Lebanese etc..) think of them as a rice alternative and use them as such. 

They change the taste slightly but considering these things have about 10-15 times as much fibre as white rice, I don't mind. 

Edited by Michael569

On 2.5.2023 at 10:18 AM, Michael569 said:

@Jannes when I use them for breakfast it is the same recipe as when making oatmeal (just takes longer to cook) something like the breakfast recipes in this videl I made ages ago.

When using as a main, then it depends - but yet spices are usually added depending on what meal is it (Mexican, Indian, Lebanese etc..) think of them as a rice alternative and use them as such. 

They change the taste slightly but considering these things have about 10-15 times as much fibre as white rice, I don't mind. 

Thats actually more of a counter argument for me for eating these foods because I like to minimize my fiber intake on all sides around legumes so that I can eat the most legumes (protein) possible without bloating, gas etc. but I do like the taste of whole grains sometimes. They tase really "healthy" to me. 

11 hours ago, Jannes said:

Thats actually more of a counter argument for me for eating these foods because I like to minimize my fiber intake on all sides around legumes so that I can eat the most legumes (protein) possible without bloating, gas etc. but I do like the taste of whole grains sometimes. They tase really "healthy" to me. 

They are unlikely to cause more bloating than legumes if you cook them properly, I've never experienced bloating from something like spelt or barley. On the bloating side, the way I see it is that it gradually improves, it's a stage of adaptation. I don't think a benign bloating is harmful, in fact based on some preliminary work done by the Sonnenburg Lab, different colonic bacteria expell different gases which then other species can take in for nourishment, some of it we fart out, some of it stays in and enriches the environment......so maybe a little bit of bloating is a small "fee" we pay for the fact that or protection against things like colorectal cancer goes through the roof.  Considering it is a number one cancer in the world, that is a trade off I am happy to make anytime. 

Not to mention the fact that you are flooding your body with so many SCFAs from the fibre metabolism by your microbiome - although we don't understand the full implication of SCFAs yet, it is likely to be highly beneficial especially where immune system, heart and brain are concerned, personally I also think autoimmunity, blood-brain barrier and cognitive performance are highly implicated there.and people who struggle with those inb some shape or form need to fix their gut before they fix the end point...anyways that's a bit of geeky speculation you didn't ask for . 

Up to you of course, this was merely a suggestion for you guys who want to try something different. Oats are likely to be as beneficial

Edited by Michael569

11 hours ago, Michael569 said:

They are unlikely to cause more bloating than legumes if you cook them properly, I've never experienced bloating from something like spelt or barley. On the bloating side, the way I see it is that it gradually improves, it's a stage of adaptation. I don't think a benign bloating is harmful, in fact based on some preliminary work done by the Sonnenburg Lab, different colonic bacteria expell different gases which then other species can take in for nourishment, some of it we fart out, some of it stays in and enriches the environment......so maybe a little bit of bloating is a small "fee" we pay for the fact that or protection against things like colorectal cancer goes through the roof.  Considering it is a number one cancer in the world, that is a trade off I am happy to make anytime. 

Not to mention the fact that you are flooding your body with so many SCFAs from the fibre metabolism by your microbiome - although we don't understand the full implication of SCFAs yet, it is likely to be highly beneficial especially where immune system, heart and brain are concerned, personally I also think autoimmunity, blood-brain barrier and cognitive performance are highly implicated there.and people who struggle with those inb some shape or form need to fix their gut before they fix the end point...anyways that's a bit of geeky speculation you didn't ask for . 

Do these benefits increase considerably more after around 100g of uncooked legumes, because that's around the bench mark where my gut stays relatively still. I don't think bloating is unhealthy it's just that it makes me socially uncomfortable because of the noise of my gut or the chance that I might fart because society shames these things. 

I heard that certain spices can actually reduce bloating though. 

Do you think its possible to create a supplement which reduces bloating by neutralizing these bacteria which cause gas?

Up to you of course, this was merely a suggestion for you guys who want to try something different. Oats are likely to be as beneficial

Oats are as beneficial as legumes?? 

13 hours ago, Jannes said:

100g of uncooked legumes,

are you relying mostly on legumes for protein? Just curious as in total that would get you only about 8-12 grams from a 100g cooked (a little bit more from 100g raw). 

I heard that certain spices can actually reduce bloating though. 

possibly, never looked into that literature but I'd have no problem believing that 

Do you think its possible to create a supplement which reduces bloating by neutralizing these bacteria which cause gas?

That would be a bestseller wouldn't it :D "a pill to keep the farts away"

Oats are as beneficial as legumes?? 

no I meant oats compared to other wholegrains 

are you relying mostly on legumes for protein? Just curious as in total that would get you only about 8-12 grams from a 100g cooked (a little bit more from 100g raw). 

26g of protein from 100g of raw red lentils. Thats pretty good. And it's the most ethical and probably/ hopefully non contaminated source of protein.

I cut out protein powder completely right now to see if my skin gets better because I had a few days recently where I ate a lot of garbage yet my skin was at its best and when I came back to eating healthier but also included protein powder my skin got worse. So I experiment on cutting that out. 

I also consume a good amount of low-fat milk products and sometimes an egg or two. 

So I get like 60g of protein from milk, 26g from lentils, a bit from grains, and a small amount from other sources. Thats good enough for me. 

No meat or fish as I am vegetarian. 

possibly, never looked into that literature but I'd have no problem believing that 

ok

That would be a bestseller wouldn't it :D "a pill to keep the farts away"

Well yeah you could get rich with that it's not some silly idea. 

no I meant oats compared to other wholegrains 

ah okay

Its the milk, it acts as a anti-depressant and stimulant in my case.

Its very strong, I'm not sure why its having such a strong effect on me. 

On 05/05/2023 at 10:31 PM, Jannes said:

So I get like 60g of protein from milk

In a week?? How much milk are you drinking?

On 05/05/2023 at 10:31 PM, Jannes said:

26g of protein from 100g of raw red lentils.

So you eat 100g of lentils in a day, how long does it take you to make them? 

On 06/05/2023 at 1:34 AM, integral said:

Its the milk, it acts as a anti-depressant and stimulant in my case.

Its very strong, I'm not sure why its having such a strong effect on me. 

Is this exclusive to goat milk or? you’re not adding any additional sugar?

3 hours ago, MarkKol said:

In a week?? How much milk are you drinking?

60g of protein a day from milk products. Mostly low fat quark but also cheese and very low fat cheese. 

3 hours ago, MarkKol said:

So you eat 100g of lentils in a day, how long does it take you to make them? 

I put them in an instant pot so manually 1-2min. They cook for half an hour or so. 

38 minutes ago, Jannes said:

I put them in an instant pot so manually 1-2min. They cook for half an hour or so. 

Do you soak them? I buy my lentils from Bio and it literally says to leave them in water for 3 hours before cooking

I had a weird feeling everyone on this forum assumed dairy is bad

Edited by MarkKol

27 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

Do you soak them? I buy my lentils from Bio and it literally says to leave them in water for 3 hours before cooking

No because I am too lazy. But it's better to do it.

27 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

I had a weird feeling everyone on this forum assumed dairy is bad

I am sure someone on this forum will have this opinion because there is no common consent with anything regarding a healthy diet on this forum. Other than maybe cutting down on junk. 

7 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Is this exclusive to goat milk or? you’re not adding any additional sugar?

You where right, I was putting maple syrup on them and it played a big role. With out the maple syrup i dont feel as good eating them.