bmcnicho

Very Nuanced Take on AI by John Vervaeke

4 posts in this topic

John Vervaeke is a cognitive scientist and in this video he discusses the abilities and limitations of current artificial intelligence models with an impressive level of depth and nuance.  He then describes how wisdom and spirituality can be used to guide these systems towards positive outcomes.

Edited by Carl-Richard
Replaced link with video

@bmcnicho

3 hours ago, bmcnicho said:

https://youtu.be/A-_RdKiDbz4

John Vervaeke is a cognitive scientist and in this video he discusses the abilities and limitations of current artificial intelligence models with an impressive level of depth and nuance.  He then describes how wisdom and spirituality can be used to guide these systems towards positive outcomes.

Nice share, thank you.

Personally I'd still insist on a strategic pause, until every is sufficiently developed enough in SD stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types and traits, states of consciousness, life experiences and other lines of development in domains of life to societal domains, and despite ideological indoctrination and upbringing, that everyone has no dogma or ideological takes. Until then AI and AGI are not safe and dangerous and are disruptive technologies, just look at how many jobs and careers these machines are effecting.

1:12:05 I like when he says "I think only person-making agents can be properly moral". Combined with all the other points (autopoesis, rationality, perspectival knowing, fluid intelligence, etc.), it really makes you think how similar these things have to be to biological humans before we can truly call them generally intelligent.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.