Yimpa

GPT-4’s response to why philosophy is the love pure understanding

5 posts in this topic

I was watching Leo’s episode on “An Intro To Serious Philosophy - Top Advice For Philosophers”, and in the beginning of the episode one of the quotes shown is “Philosophy is not the love of wisdom, it’s the love of pure understanding.”

I was curious to see what GPT-4’s response would be to this quote, and I’m pretty impressed.

IMG_5436.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Without wisdom, you're prone to self-deception, which affects your understanding.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Without wisdom, you're prone to self-deception, which affects your understanding.

So basically all of that is necessary in proper balance. 

I’m starting to realize that even self-deception (or really anything we label “bad”) is a powerful teacher if one is open to learning how it works instead of downright demonizing and avoiding it. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@M A J I Jedi mind trick ;)