Noahsteelers34

Advice for my first real Shroom Trip

5 posts in this topic

I have previously taken shrooms 5 times, but have never taken more than 1.75 grams. I have never experienced anything too intense or any visuals. I am approaching on my 21st birthday and feel that its time to go a little bit deeper. I have a week between the end of my semester and my summer job and feel that it would be a good opportunity to do so. 

My roommates also take shrooms and one of them wants to take them with me. Do you feel like it is a good idea to take them with others? I feel like it may help me have a good trip and keep me from going to a bad place, but at the same time there are certain drawbacks to taking it with others. 

Taking into account my past experiences, what would be a good dose? Most of my friends take a full 8th (3.5g), and they think I should just send it, but at the same time, I'm scared to have a real deep trip. 

@Noahsteelers34 would do it alone and not with Friends because they are distracting

But hey you will know better

In my own experience 2g of shrooms came on really strong physically.  If you're sensitive to nausea or headaches I'd maybe just bear that in mind if you decide to up your dose.

Otherwise there's nothing to really worry about; both 1g and 2g didn't cause any long term problems with me.

It depends on the friend, if you need a friend for support it can help but they must also be at the same or similar level of consciousness than you to be able to go deeper. Set & Setting is more important then dosage. 2 - 3g is fine. 4 - 6+ is where you will need to be more comfortable in your own being.

As above so below, as within so without.

On 4/6/2023 at 0:39 PM, Noahsteelers34 said:

I have previously taken shrooms 5 times, but have never taken more than 1.75 grams. I have never experienced anything too intense or any visuals. I am approaching on my 21st birthday and feel that its time to go a little bit deeper. I have a week between the end of my semester and my summer job and feel that it would be a good opportunity to do so. 

My roommates also take shrooms and one of them wants to take them with me. Do you feel like it is a good idea to take them with others? I feel like it may help me have a good trip and keep me from going to a bad place, but at the same time there are certain drawbacks to taking it with others. 

Taking into account my past experiences, what would be a good dose? Most of my friends take a full 8th (3.5g), and they think I should just send it, but at the same time, I'm scared to have a real deep trip. 

IMO

I would go up slowly. 2g -2.5g-3g....up till you get a sense your journeys are turning negative.  Once that happens that is your peak.

The only time I had a journey "close" to ego rebirth/death/dissolution was when I front-loaded with 3.5g of shrooms.

*hold on a sec!!   is this ego dissolution thing purely "biological"???    Increased glutamate from 3.5 grams of shrooms the cause of our brain to trigger our amygdala/fear which results in our minds conjuring up our DEATH!?????     wow!!