ncarus

Leo's new book

8 posts in this topic

Leo, this is probably not an ideal topic for the forum.  But I couldn't find any updates about an eta on its release on the home page or any of the sub topic tabs.  Maybe you could find a place to add updates on the book status somewhere in an easy to find spot?  Thanks.

I'm not actively working on it right now. I am working on courses.

Probably not for 5 years or more.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not actively working on it right now. I am working on courses.

Probably not for 5 years or more.

You said 6 years ago that you were in the middle of writing a book. What happened?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

You said 6 years ago that you were in the middle of writing a book. What happened?

I was outlining it and writing bit and pieces. I have a skeleton of it in my notes and mind, but it requires enormous work to write it all out. I would need to take months off from working on Actualized to write it. It's too complex to write in bits and pieces.

Edited by Leo Gura

The other factor is that I am still deepening my understanding of Consciousness, so writing the book now would be a bit premature.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The other factor is that I am still deepening my understanding of Consciousness, so writing the book now would be a bit premature.

Will a chapter be devoted to the space kangaroo?

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have a similar issue in my own long term project, which is similar to your book but in musical form: how do we know that we are getting truly the deepest insights and most comprehensive scope? 

I'm curious how you've dealt with the fact that you will reach a limit somewhere (number of pages you can write, time you have to write, depth of insight to explore, possibility that deeper insight invalidates the material you've already written) and how you plan on making sure the book or other projects you have planned get finished with a reasonable balance of the ideal and these practical limitations in mind?

57 minutes ago, SonataAllegro said:

I have a similar issue in my own long term project, which is similar to your book but in musical form: how do we know that we are getting truly the deepest insights and most comprehensive scope? 

I'm curious how you've dealt with the fact that you will reach a limit somewhere (number of pages you can write, time you have to write, depth of insight to explore, possibility that deeper insight invalidates the material you've already written) and how you plan on making sure the book or other projects you have planned get finished with a reasonable balance of the ideal and these practical limitations in mind?

There's no way to explicate that. You just gotta intuit it, and also don't be a perfectionist. You can always revise your work or make a 2nd edition or follow-up work. It's better to make something than nothing.

Edited by Leo Gura