Zedman

Crowd inderictly craves imperialism

4 posts in this topic

This idea comes from retirement age protests in France. Underlying issue is that the system is not wealthy enough to satisfy everyones needs so it has to cut. Governemnt is in a pickle. It cant upset the wealthy donors and it cant upset poor and angry protesters. You know what is going to be the solution noone is going to be protesting about? Looking outwards aka imperialism. Actually everyone is going to be happy. In a typical fashion this will be presented as anti-imperialism. For example fighting chinese influence and exploitation of Tanzania, fighting for human rights in Uganda and druglords in latin america. Coincidentally we already ramped up weapons industry ;)

Solution is societal change and more equal wealth distribution but it is slow process and things are ramping up quickly so governments will go for imperialism which will ultimately lead to war. Please tell me I am wrong.

@Zedman

6 hours ago, Zedman said:

This idea comes from retirement age protests in France. Underlying issue is that the system is not wealthy enough to satisfy everyones needs so it has to cut

France has done a great job hiding and masking its exploitation of Africa which continues to happen to this day in shameful ways

A 21st century hidden empire that guarantees unearned prosperity to the french people, built on the back of the poorest people on earth.

The nuclear power plants in France run with the raw materials extracted in Niger and Mali with child slavery, while most of the people in Niger don't even have electricity in their houses. 

9 hours ago, Zedman said:

Underlying issue is that the system is not wealthy enough to satisfy everyones needs so it has to cut. 

What is this, Psalm 46:1-3?

@Tobia  Wow I had it in the back of my mind that colonialism still exists to some extent but this video was eye opening.

So why does a wealthy society has to make cuts despite being more wealthy than ever? I cant see a civil solution here. Either weath redistribution through civil war or more colonialism and I bet collective ego will go for the latter.

Of course there is an option of becoming more loving and less needy. But things are heating up so quickly it will require a miracle.