Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juan

I deleted ALL my NFTs

4 posts in this topic

Yesterday I deleted all my NFTs, I was on microdose (0.2g) of a blend of mushrooms (I could write a thread apart about it), and contemplate just about NFTs and sell my art as a freelance. I wasn’t feeling so good tbh that day, I find it myself overthinking a lot about the subject, I even asked other artists their thoughts about making and having NFTs and they seemed fine with it. 

By the end of the day I ended deleting all my NFTs on Opensea (it was just 2 artworks, it’s been there for a week). Now I’m in the process of sell my art in other websites like Ko-Fi and Gumroad (site for artists sell brushes, tutorials, etc.), that is gonna be my assignment from now on. Of course the ideal is to sell it on my own website but right now I don’t have one nor the budget for now. I’m also starting to learn tattooing so that also will keep me busy. 

My issue with NFTs it was that it wasn’t enough “material or practical” for me. If I’m gonna buy anyones NFTs, I don’t want just a jpeg, gif, etc. I would like to also OWN the files, see the DNA of the work, maybe add extra stuff like your thought process, tutorials, etc. The original file could be enough, but if im giving you thousands of dollars, which is what a commission would cost, at least give me all your original files? Fair game imo.

As far the talking of NFTs on Twitter goes, I could open another thread or comment aside the opening here. I honestly felt very welcomed on Twitter with these NFTs communities. On Twitter you can have like a “live podcast post” where anyone can join and talk, there is a lot of these tho. Of course there is ego games on these talking, like people just being there just to get recognized and/or they just wanna sell their NFTs. First of all, I don’t find the necessity forcibly talk about NFTs daily in order to keep it alive, because like any other art talks aside of NFTs, if the idea or concept is actually good, people will just keep talking about it without force it. Maybe some people might feel like this is a cult, I have to study that in dept but yea, I felt there was a lot of “this is the future, the banks will fall, we are just getting starting!” and yara yara. 

That’s it for now, thank you for reading. ?

Edited by Juan

That must be tough. I feel ya.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That must be tough. I feel ya.

After talking with people involved with this through the month, talking of posible future projects and making it a big deal, yes it was. But thanks to this, now I’m taking action to sell my art elsewhere. 

Edited by Juan

9 hours ago, Juan said:

My issue with NFTs it was that it wasn’t enough “material or practical” for me. If I’m gonna buy anyones NFTs, I don’t want just a jpeg, gif, etc. I would like to also OWN the files, see the DNA of the work, maybe add extra stuff like your thought process, tutorials, etc. The original file could be enough, but if im giving you thousands of dollars, which is what a commission would cost, at least give me all your original files? Fair game imo.

You could give those things with an NFT if you wanted. Some have it where you get to claim something with it. You could even tie it to physical item if you wanted. 

Not really big on them myself, but it doesn't seem like a bad avenue to try if you plan on making the art anyway.