Parki

Alternative To Guru Vs Disciple Paradigm.

5 posts in this topic

Probably the huge gap between guru and disciple could slowdown the learning process.

So maybe we should try something like this:

We have one guru and two disciples.
The guru teacher only the first disciple.
The second disciple learns from the first.
He doesn't learn what the guru said to the first.
He learns what the first actually understood.
Because of the gap is very little maybe this could accelerate the learing process.

But in reality there would be a chain of like 50 disciples.

Also people tend to idealize, so this one will kill this problem too.

so you mean like this ::-

The first example(traditional) - this guru has 50,000 disciples. 

And 

As per your suggestion:- this guru has a chain which is 50,000 metres(oops 50,000 disciples) long !!!! :D

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

54 minutes ago, Parki said:

Probably the huge gap between guru and disciple could slowdown the learning process.

Deeper teachings cannot be given unless there is love between the two – the disciple and the guru. The disciple and guru must become deep lovers. Only then can the higher, the beyond, be expressed.

A guru is not a teacher in the first place. A guru shares his being with you, not his philosophy. He is not a philosopher propounding a system of philosophy.

The guru must himself be enlightened, he must himself have attained, because one cannot communicate that which one has not realized. The very presence of the guru is a communion. And to one living in contact with him, something is communicated — though not through words. 

Edited by Prabhaker

We also need to keep in mind that guru/teacher is not always an other physical entity: the guru principle is also stated in our 'bodies' -let's say it that way for now-, more specifically in our solar plexus (under the belly button): we are our own guru and own disciple at the same time.

(I never tried to communicate such stuff before but..) in meditative state (in or out of an meditation) there is sensation of merging in (being one with everything else) it is a sensation/a state of 'being' which is different from being in a 'thought form'.

We pull the 'consciousness/that source of guru principle' from where it is to upwards by being in that particular 'merging in' sensation. Now, that is the center channel. Being in thoughts or being in emotions are the left and the right channels: those are generally where we locate as human beings, so that it is so easy to fall back to the right or the left channel; and because it is that easy, we need to put extra effort to be in the meditative state (by sitting for a meditation, by using some substances to clean up the physical entity, and so on..)

The location of the guru principle is also surrounded by void and vacuum which is more often experienced as outside world; so rise the consciousness from the guru principle though that void to up, becomes a real challenge because of this illusion of the outside world. In most of those cases that is quite possible and expected that an 'outside' guru/teacher occurs in ones experience to raise the consciousness above / help the individual that journey through. But if we "think" that we should be 'doing' the things this way, that way: we might be resisting rather than surrendering to the help, so that we might skip the cooperative compound. It won't change anything in the mechanism of the process ( nothing will stop the awareness itself from rising) but if the being let's say 'destined' to accomplish something necessary for the service of a bigger picture; it is likely that, that being to suffer more unnecessarily. Help will be always be there for sure, but also we need to be cooperative enough by being in the center channel (by not trying to grasp the things around us by 'thinking' about them: because trying to understand sometimes encourages the right channel too much)

I hope I'm not confusing you guys.

Edited by Sevi

it would be useful for some but not for others. there is no one way which is good for all :)

it is indeed an Idea I've considered before :o inspiring to see someone else think of it as well. in a way, it is sort of already happening. we are gathered here because of leo, and we post in this forum, learning from each other.

sometimes I think about how leo restricts the forum in certain ways, which hinder the growth of community, and I mean he's got good reason, he wishes to cultivate a sense of us individually looking within instead of around. but I sometimes wonder, about how cultivating a strong community would be great in this way - this way where we can communicate lessons we learn to each other, and learn through verbal discussions with each other. naturally this does not replace self- insight. But there is not one way which is good for all ;)

Edited by aryberry