Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Madhur

Being better at short form content creation

8 posts in this topic

I am a budding content creator, I use Instagram to post my reels in Hindi, with my niche being self-help and personal development. However, I'm struggling with the efficiency of my content creation process. It currently takes me around 30-40 minutes to record a single reel that is roughly 60 to 90 seconds long. I don't follow a specific method, and I don't prepare a script. Instead, I have general idea of a topic in my mind and just wing it but that's obviously not working.

What other strategies can I use to make my content creation process more efficient?

maybe use chatgpt? It can use hinglish or hindi to write you a script which you can change to your liking

@Swarnim Honestly, I don't enjoy scripting a video, especially when it's only a 90-second reel. I prefer to convey my message in a more raw and authentic manner. When I script my video, I feel like my words are being filtered, and the end result loses its originality.

7 hours ago, Madhur said:

@Swarnim Honestly, I don't enjoy scripting a video, especially when it's only a 90-second reel. I prefer to convey my message in a more raw and authentic manner. When I script my video, I feel like my words are being filtered, and the end result loses its originality.

Can you link me your profile? I want to see what you're making, maybe I can come up with something then.

Otherwise all I can say is just keep making them and you'll just get faster. Maybe find better tools to make the videos. If the majority of the 30-40 mins are spent thinking then I am sure you'll get faster at contemplating

@Swarnim yeah sure this is my page, https://instagram.com/elite.awakenings?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= i was anyway looking for an honest feedback from someone that i don't know, so feel free to share your thoughts.

I think i am having hard time in converting my thoughts into words, because sometimes I tend fumble a little & miss pronounce some words while speaking, sometimes i get off track from what i want to convey, sometimes i just go blank in the middle, sometimes i have different ways to convey the same message but I tend to get lost in all of them at the same time leaving me stranded. 

11 hours ago, Madhur said:

@Swarnim yeah sure this is my page, https://instagram.com/elite.awakenings?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= i was anyway looking for an honest feedback from someone that i don't know, so feel free to share your thoughts.

I think i am having hard time in converting my thoughts into words, because sometimes I tend fumble a little & miss pronounce some words while speaking, sometimes i get off track from what i want to convey, sometimes i just go blank in the middle, sometimes i have different ways to convey the same message but I tend to get lost in all of them at the same time leaving me stranded. 

You should use a more eye-catchy font and color for the text. You could also add a lot more illustrations and text as you talk. You could also add some pictures/videos here and there to give the feeling to the viewer that video had a cut. This helps in retaining attention. I don't use Instagram so I don't know much about how it works but I'd guess that you should post more stage orange development content to first gain an audience. Also this is just a matter of personal preference but I'd set the camera down instead of holding it.

As for what you're actually saying in the video. It's all good man. But the way you say it is just like any other Hindi speaking guy. I think you'd set yourself apart if you add a lot more expression, tonality and volume in your voice as you speak. And it might help to talk on some controversial topics for Indians at first, to gain some wider attention.

Edited by Swarnim

On 23/03/2023 at 9:55 AM, Swarnim said:

You should use a more eye-catchy font and color for the text. You could also add a lot more illustrations and text as you talk. You could also add some pictures/videos here and there to give the feeling to the viewer that video had a cut. This helps in retaining attention. I don't use Instagram so I don't know much about how it works but I'd guess that you should post more stage orange development content to first gain an audience. Also this is just a matter of personal preference but I'd set the camera down instead of holding it.

@Swarnimappreciate the feedback! I am going to experiment with various video editing softwares and keep these in mind. 

On 23/03/2023 at 9:55 AM, Swarnim said:

As for what you're actually saying in the video. It's all good man. But the way you say it is just like any other Hindi speaking guy. I think you'd set yourself apart if you add a lot more expression, tonality and volume in your voice as you speak. And it might help to talk on some controversial topics for Indians at first, to gain some wider attention.

I am intentionally adopting the style of an average Hindi-speaking guy. Because i believe that it would allow me to connect with my audience in a relatable and unfiltered way, just as they would interact with their friends or family members.

18 minutes ago, Madhur said:

I am intentionally adopting the style of an average Hindi-speaking guy. Because i believe that it would allow me to connect with my audience in a relatable and unfiltered way, just as they would interact with their friends or family members.

@Madhur What I meant to say was you sounded like 'an average Hindi-speaking guy in videos'. You yourself must have noticed how a Hindi-speaking person in a video sounds way different in there expression and tone compared to a more authentic style you see in more developed content and in real life. It all sounds to me like "Hello friends chai peelo" lmao. I have seen only a few people in a video who don't apply this repetitive video-like tone in each sentence. If you're gonna be targeting mostly orange folks then you gotta brand your personality and stand out, otherwise most won't like you enough to keep watching.