Shane597

Personal Barriers In My Career

7 posts in this topic

I have always had trouble focusing. I have ADD so bad that it effects my work and acedimic performance. I do everything to improve my focus, such as eat healthy( no sugar), sleep well (8 hours a night), exersize, meditate, take vitamin B and D, and I take fish oil. How do I get rid of it permantly? 

I have been doing most of these habits for 9 months. I just started taking vitiams and started eliminating all my sugar in my diet the past 3 months. However, I was still eating fairly healthy before I got really specific. 

What does it mean "trouble focusing"? What are your expectations? Why do you think you're not in the norm?

Did changing your habits already help improve your focus?

Yes, changing my habits did, but it is still bad. When I say trouble focusing I mean unable to retain new information the first time it is presented. 

Edited by Shane Roberts

At least new information that does not interest me. My struggle makes reading very difficult because I have to read a sentence at least four times before understanding the sentence. 

Edited by Shane Roberts

@Shane Roberts Do you have compulsive habits such as internet-browsing for example? Those can have a very negative impact on your concentration. They should be eradicated out of your life or reduced drastically. You should not limit meditation to the time for 30min-1h when you are sitting. You must learn to stay in this state the whole day. Try a visualization technique where you imagine mind-gear wheels that represent your concentration and inner world in general. Imagine them fast at the beginning and slow them down gradually, so they are in perfect balance with your being. Visualization techniques can be very powerful to transform the mind permanently.

Edited by Echoes