LSD-Rumi

Someone advanced spiritually was an asshole to me

65 posts in this topic

@LSD-Rumi Do you feel like I can close the thread?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@LSD-Rumi Do you feel like I can close the thread?

Yeah pls

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

If you're talking about a cessation, yeah, the body literally disappears. But mystical states can be integrated into waking consciousness as well.

Im not talking about a cessation.

I dont know what you mean by mystical state, but what Im talking about can not be integrated into waking consciousness - it transcends waking consciousness.

Ok, let's say they take the religious vow: will their capacity to be moral generally be lesser or greater than the average person?

It's true when you actually transcend your body, but not when you're still in it, because again, you have a moral impulse connected to survival.

Then we actually agree.

Of course it will be higher -- but my whole point is that thats not necessarily a good thing and in any case has nothing to do with Truth.

Then we actually agree.

I dont think we do unfortunately lol.

You seem to think that you can somehow assimilate mystical states of consciousness into your ordinary human consciousness, while Im talking about something that is always beyond the human. 

You cant be in waking and dreaming consciousness simulateneously - and neither can you be in a mystical state of consciousness and be tied to moral conventions simultaneously.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

If someone is being an asshole they aren't "spiritually advanced".  

4 hours ago, Nilsi said:

Im not talking about a cessation.

I dont know what you mean by mystical state, but what Im talking about can not be integrated into waking consciousness - it transcends waking consciousness.

Of course it will be higher -- but my whole point is that thats not necessarily a good thing and in any case has nothing to do with Truth.

I dont think we do unfortunately lol.

You seem to think that you can somehow assimilate mystical states of consciousness into your ordinary human consciousness, while Im talking about something that is always beyond the human. 

You cant be in waking and dreaming consciousness simulateneously - and neither can you be in a mystical state of consciousness and be tied to moral conventions simultaneously.

You seem to be using the word mystical in a non-traditional sense. Would you say you're not in agreement with tradition in general on this matter?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.