Paul Boldyrev

How to strengthen meditation skills?

26 posts in this topic

@Yimpa No, not criticizing it hahaha I actually did that because I was into it so much

Should reinstate the habit

@PeaceOut96 This actually gives me an idea for a very practical tattoo:

"Observe" written on your hand or something so you always remember

@Gesundheit2 On the other hand, people like Leo say that one should do meditation daily...

How do I combine those two notions?

13 hours ago, Paul Boldyrev said:

@Gesundheit2 On the other hand, people like Leo say that one should do meditation daily...

How do I combine those two notions?

First, it is important to check with yourself and see your values and goals in life, at least on the short term.

If meditation aligns with them perfectly, you won't have a problem integrating the habit, and it will be enjoyable.

If not much, then you might need to exercise some will power in the first month or two until the habit sticks. Then it will become a part of your daily routine and it will be hard to let go of.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Gesundheit2 I've almost meditated for two years now. It is definitely part of my routine, but recently, it's so distracted all the time

Doing it habitually for two years you should have a good idea of what happens, when, and how.

Have you tried preparing for your session in any way? Quick 5 min breathwork/pranayama to clear your thoughts, a cold shower, yoga?

Are you sitting down motivated to meditate? 

Do you tell yourself that for the duration you're really going to concentrate on that thing you concentrate on?

Do you maintain a good posture and a relaxed body?