Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rnd

Cryptocurrencies - bullshit -- Leo claims

25 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

So, are you pro cryptocurrency?

I like Dfinity and Kindelia. I don't think CBDCs are better or worse than cryptocurrencies. I'm not sure if censorship-resistance is important, since reputation systems and machine learning will progressively merge into structures for collective intelligence where creativity, knowledge and value are entangled.

I think Bitcoin's future is uncertain because deflationary tokenmomics and L2s are self-conflicting with the large fee volume requirement covering security expenses. And if you try to save it with inflation, the religion surrounding it is busted.

Edited by nuwu

@nuwu

2 hours ago, nuwu said:

I like Dfinity and Kindelia. I don't think CBDCs are better or worse than cryptocurrencies. I'm not sure if censorship-resistance is important, since reputation systems and machine learning will progressively merge into structures for collective intelligence where creativity, knowledge and value are entangled.

I think Bitcoin's future is uncertain because deflationary tokenmomics and L2s are self-conflicting with the large fee volume requirement covering security expenses. And if you try to save it with inflation, the religion surrounding it is busted.

Is bitcoin's future uncertain because of the misuse and scammers?

@Danioover9000 This is another valid concern, but there are limits how much overly self-centered organisms can grow before miners or validators are themselves considered complicit to their abuses and exposed to backlash.

PoW has to solve long-term ASIC manufacturing decentralisation, and security fee incentives (users strategically avoid loss to the common protection. Imagine a country where everyone is free to use any tax evading scheme, nobody would pay for its military).

@nuwu

2 hours ago, nuwu said:

@Danioover9000 This is another valid concern, but there are limits how much overly self-centered organisms can grow before miners or validators are themselves considered complicit to their abuses and exposed to backlash.

PoW has to solve long-term ASIC manufacturing decentralisation, and security fee incentives (users strategically avoid loss to the common protection. Imagine a country where everyone is free to use any tax evading scheme, nobody would pay for its military).

So basically, in simple terms, you are advocating for online communism? If you are, how would you protect this new system against groups that would coopt it like an authoritarian regime?

@Danioover9000 I have no preference, but it depends how much time it takes to develop AGI (i.e. who cares about self-ramification and spread independently of human level forms), or how the latter interacts within our civilization. If it happens in the near future, we should research how to melt with the technology (unclear in brain-computer interfaces), or explore preliminary concepts allowing a potential artificial civilization to be respectful of less-specialized subjects in the context of material intelligence, such as we have more time to benefit from our own perspectives. Otherwise, while communism is boring, it would be interesting to have a comfortable algorithmic dystopia where bigots are gently diluted to financial oblivion. In order to protect such system from authoritarian forces, we may have to design bias-minimizing incentive structures with the right balance of persistence and inclusive ethics, but this is merely another layer of games.

Edited by nuwu