Theodor Ludenhof

A Job for the Yellow Stage Person

11 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm new here, so please don't judge me harshly if I'm doing something wrong.

I've been watching Leo for a few years now. In that time, I've gone through a significant evolution. I think I'm at the yellow level now, to use spiral dynamics terminology. Yesterday I watched a video about that level once more time. Yes, it looks like that's where I am. It may not be a very solid yellow yet, but it's yellow nonetheless.

And it seems pretty great. A person on the yellow level -- that's the kind of sage who understands a lot about this life. But as King Solomon said, in much wisdom there is much sorrow. In my case, it means two things. First, I can't find an adequate social circle. (And communication in general is not easy for me.) And second, I can't find a job.

Several years ago our family moved from Russia to Slovakia. We didn't know yet that there would be war, but we already knew that there would be something terrible. In Moscow I was a researcher and a priest. In Slovakia I had to start almost everything from scratch.

And now I feel that as someone who has undergone quite a significant inner evolution, I could do good for people -- and make money for my family at the same time. But I must confess that I'm completely lost and can't figure out what that would be. I have knowledge and experience in various fields, but I can't monetize it.

Leo calls people on the yellow level lone wolves. That's just the way it is. But I still hope that there are quite a few of these wolves and that I can find like-minded people here. And I'd love to hear ideas and advice about job.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, Welcome to the Forum.

Not at stage yellow, I would guess I am entering stage Orange, coming out of blue, with a bit of green, a shade of yellow and a shard of turquoise.

It sounds like you have been through a lot, externally as well as internally. I am curious. are you looking for a job or a life purpose?

A job being, work or task traded for pay. 

A life purpose being a "divine calling," manifested as a career.

what do you think?

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

Thank you for your answer. "I am curious. are you looking for a job or a life purpose?" -- it's a good question, thanks. I think, I need a life purpose too, but now I badly need an acceptable job for paying bills. Let's put it so: there are many things which I do gladly, but I can't monetize them. I would like to do these things and, at the same moment, to do some job for money. Off course, I can find some job, but I would prefer a job, which is close to my interests and abilities. "If you are so wise, why are so poor?" -- it's about me exactly...

Edited by Theodor Ludenhof

What did you research?

Also, why not be an integral priest? That would be one hell of a job: juggling tradition and holism in an orthodox country like Slovakia - you would learn a lot about how systems actually work and why it's so hard to change them. 

Just some food for thought.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Hey, welcome to the forum. 

Maybe the first step is to get a decently paying job, the sort that still allows you to have enough time freedom to look for your life purpose on your spare time. I am Slovakian as well by birth, although I don't live there at the moment. 

In the capital, there is plenty of job opportunities, and so is in in mid-Slovakia. In the East the situation is a bit more tough and if you are there, you may consider moving more west. 

profesia.sk is basically the easiest place to get a job as that's where most companies advertise but Linkedin hiring is being used a lot too. 

If you want more flexibility, you could consider a job of a courier for DHL or working for companies like Alza, they might even have job offers on their website. Alternatively, Uber drivers and other electronic app taxi drivers is a decent job, decently paid with some level of flexibility and lot of these jobs are often being taken by people who immigrated from other countries. But maybe those are a bit too shallow for what you are looking for. 

Plenty of jobs to be had at the big tech businesses: O2, Slovak Telekom, EY, PWC, Deloitte, Penta, J&T...all the big buildings. 

But if you have good skills, maybe you can work overseas with an international company. Polish your Linkedin, start sending out CVs and see what sticks. The world is smaller than it ever was before (technologically speaking) so finding a job should be easier than it was 10 years ago.

Good luck! 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 28/02/2023 at 9:29 PM, Theodor Ludenhof said:

I could do good for people -- and make money for my family at the same time. But I must confess that I'm completely lost and can't figure out what that would be. I have knowledge and experience in various fields, but I can't monetize it.

What are some issues or problems in your local community that need solving? What stops you from solving them?

On 1. 3. 2023 at 8:51 PM, Nilsi said:

What did you research?

Church Slavonic language, liturgical texts in this language and in other languages, etc.

On 1. 3. 2023 at 8:51 PM, Nilsi said:

Also, why not be an integral priest? That would be one hell of a job: juggling tradition and holism in an orthodox country like Slovakia - you would learn a lot about how systems actually work and why it's so hard to change them. 

Good point, thank you. Maybe not yet, I need a pause between my "ordinary" priesthood and a new one. But it makes sense, I agree.

On 2. 3. 2023 at 4:47 PM, Michael569 said:

Hey, welcome to the forum. 

Thank you so much for your advice. I'll think about it. I live in Banská Bystrica, so it's not so bad in the economical aspect ) And I like this town a lot.

On 2. 3. 2023 at 5:21 PM, IDressMyDog said:

What are some issues or problems in your local community that need solving? What stops you from solving them?

Yes, of course, there are some problems in the local community. But I don't feel like I belong there enough. Nevertheless, I'll think about this possibility, thank you.

@Theodor Ludenhof I want to join your wolf pack. I am very early Yellow. I work in a library and recently started to translate books. I also compose music.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Eternal Unity Nice to meet you! I'm a philologist, and in high school (that was thirty years ago!) I was in a math class. I still can't break up with that first love of mine. I hope someday to get a university degree in mathematics.